Texas Medical Center & Hermann Park TIRZ

Highrise Tower

Texas Medical Center, Hermann Park would get millions in improvements under Houston plan

Mike Morris, Yilun Cheng, Mike Morris, Yilun Cheng - December 13, 2022

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/houston/article/medical-center-tirz-17649026.php

Houston City Council this week will consider funneling tens of millions of tax dollars into rebuilding streets in and around the Texas Medical Center and improving neighboring Hermann Park.

Edited by editor
Edited due to copyright. Remember to summarize and link. Don't copy and paste.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Texas Medical Center & Hermann Park TIRZ

This is gonna be great for them! I know Memorial Park receives some money from the Uptown TIRZ, so it sounds like this may help with speeding up the Hermann Park improvements, maybe?

Very smart of them to do this before TMC3 comes online. And while I understand the criticism about the emergency water supply, TMC is special and different. It’s a large concentration  of hospitals with vulnerable people, and if it prioritizes itself here, I really do not see the problem. I think ensuring that our Medical Center has access to emergency water is perfectly reasonable.

Edited by BEES?!
  • Like 4