Parkwood Aparments At 7331 Staffordshire St.

sevfiv

• 9 months later...

Tellepsen Contractors have begun construction each morning at 6:15 - 6:30 AM on the Baylor College of Medicine new hospital in the old Parkwood apartment area. If I am reading the Houston noise ordinance correctly, they are not permitted to begin before 7:AM and must stop at 8 PM. Do "special" permits exist to allow them this infraction of $500.00 per occurence penalty?

• Like 1

i'm not sure the ordinance specifically states when construction can begin per se but specifies times when the decibel level can be higher.

it will definitely take some diligence on your part to get it enforced to your satifaction. i.e. it may be frustrating.

Edited by musicman

• 4 years later...

I'm in this boat. I live in Chateaux Dijon, next to what used to be Pilgrim Elementary but is now gonna be an apartment complex. The heavy machines start up, literally outside my back door, at seven in the morning, SEVEN DAYS A WEEK. I am about to lose my mind and have no idea what I can do. The construction super is nice but unhelpful (I've been over there three times to ask that they please work on some other part of the site for that first hour). My lease isn't up until the end of July and I am frantic. Any advice? I'm sure they're inside the decibel level, so I can't call the cops.

• The title was changed to Parkwood Aparments At 7331 Staffordshire St.
  • 9 months later...