Uncle John's Pancake House At 8330 South Main St.

Ashikaga

Also when I lived in Houston (1962-64) I remember a restaurant called "Uncle John's Pancakes."  Does anyone out there have any information about it?

Chet Cuccia

I guess like many of those theatres and other buildings, Uncle John's Pancakes must have been closed or torn down many years ago. We went there once back in 1969 when I went to Astroworld for the first time. When we lived in Houston from 1962-64, I remember their commercial on TV. It had a catchy-sounding jingle that went:

"Pancakes, pancakes

We're Uncle John's Pancakes

Blueberry, Strawberry, many more"

I'm 47. Maybe some of you know some people who are older than me who lived in Houston back then who might remember Uncle John's Pancakes.

Chet Cuccia

• 2 weeks later...
Also when I lived in Houston (1962-64) I remember a restaurant called "Uncle John's Pancakes."  Does anyone out there have any information about it?

Chet Cuccia

I guess nobody out there remembers "Uncle John's Pancakes." I remember it was locally owned, not a chain. I guess a chain like IHOP put it out of business.

Chet Cuccia

• 3 weeks later...
I guess nobody out there remembers "Uncle John's Pancakes."  I remember it was locally owned, not a chain.  I guess a chain like IHOP put it out of business.

Chet Cuccia

Never ate there but YES the jingle must have been omnipresent because I still remember it...

Uncle John's Pancakes, Uncle John's Pancakes

(and as I remember it kids voice's chime in saying...)

"Who?" "Uncle John, silly!"

(but I could be wrong)

And my memory tells me that it was on OST.

Never ate there but YES the jingle must have been omnipresent because I still remember it...

Uncle John's Pancakes, Uncle John's Pancakes

(and as I remember it kids voice's chime in saying...)

"Who?"  "Uncle John, silly!"

(but I could be wrong)

And my memory tells me that it was on OST.

Thanks! You're the first person who said that you remember at least hearing about Uncle John's Pancakes. I lived in Houston from 1962-64. I remember hearing the catchy-sounding jingle on their TV commercial. When we went to Astroworld for the first time in 1969, we spent the night in a motel, then the next morning we ate breakfast at Uncle John's Pancakes.

Also, when my parents had the radio on, I remember the advertisement jingles for Tommy Vaughn Ford and for Chuck Davis Chevrolet. Would you happen to remember one or both of them?

Thanks!  You're the first person who said that you remember at least hearing about Uncle John's Pancakes.  I lived in Houston from 1962-64.  I remember hearing the catchy-sounding jingle on their TV commercial.  When we went to Astroworld for the first time in 1969, we spent the night in a motel, then the next morning we ate breakfast at Uncle John's Pancakes.

Also, when my parents had the radio on, I remember the advertisement jingles for Tommy Vaughn Ford and for Chuck Davis Chevrolet.  Would you happen to remember one or both of them?

The Tommy Vaughn one I remember had a low man's voice sing "Tommy Vaughn" followed by a high female voice echoing the same...

Chuck Davis doesn't ring a bell at the moment, but I do remember "Get your Chevrolets from Persia...Mike Persia Chevrolet"

• 1 month later...
you could put your FEMA money to good use buying that ashtray and cup...just kidding

So whaddya think? Do the logos jog your memory anymore?

b3_1_b.JPG

68_1_b.JPG

might be more on ebay now..since that is a month ago...

It jogs my memory a little. What remains in my memory is the jingle of their TV commercial back when I lived in Houston (1962-64).

"Pancakes, pacakes,

We're Uncle John's Pancakes

Blueberry, strawberry, walnut"

• The title was changed to Uncle John's Pancake House At 8330 South Main St.