dbigtex56

Several permits filed today for 1503 Westheimer:

• Structural permit
  • Certificate of occupancy permit
  • Parking variances permit 

Details from the permits:

• Use: 2,112 sf apartment to restaurant conversion 1-1-5-A2-B '15 IBC
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

As mentioned in previous posts, 1503 Westheimer Rd may likely become a new outpost for the Taco Stand. 

Structural permit

v801wM3.png

Certificate of occupancy permit

qPBAgxN.png

Parking variances permit 

qPadIhW.png

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

A plumbing permit was filed today for 1503 Westheimer Rd.

As mentioned in previous posts, 1503 Westheimer Rd may likely become a new outpost for the Taco Stand. 

kF51UtA.png

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 12:42 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Several permits filed today for 1503 Westheimer:

• Structural permit
  • Certificate of occupancy permit
  • Parking variances permit 

Structural permit

v801wM3.png

Certificate of occupancy permit

qPBAgxN.png

Parking variances permit 

qPadIhW.png

As last months permits indicate, the city approved permitting for work at 1503 Westheimer in December. The permits note the work will consists of converting The West-Mul (or The West-Mull) apartments into a restaurant.

It's possible 1503 Westheimer may become a new outpost for the Taco Stand.

RGJ4tJF.jpg

• Like 1

I talked with the guy who works for Shawn Bermudez and his uncle who confirmed this will be a Taco Stand. I talked with him this morning at the Burger Joint being built on Kirby Dr. a few blocks north of Rice Village.

• Like 3

On 7/9/2022 at 5:30 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I don't know if all four lots will be one dining concept from Shawn Bermudez or if it will be two. But Bermudez and business partner Matthew Pak are opening a second location of the Taco Stand in Montrose. There aren't any construction filings, business filings, or alcohol permits yet indicating this. I think after all the buildings are demolished, all or part of the sites will become home to the Taco Stand.

On 7/14/2022 at 8:38 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Earlier this week, the entity PBJ Tacos Montrose, Inc. was filed to the Texas Comptroller's Taxable Entity database. So, while it does confirm rumors of the Taco Stand expanding to Montrose, it doesn't indicate where in Montrose.

Still, I think all or at least some of the demoed lots could be for the Taco Stand. 

spacer.png

16 hours ago, hindesky said:

I talked with the guy who works for Shawn Bermudez and his uncle who confirmed this will be a Taco Stand. I talked with him this morning at the Burger Joint being built on Kirby Dr. a few blocks north of Rice Village.

I figured The Taco Stand is the restaurant planned for 1503 Westheimer for a while now. 

When I alerted several news outlets about this in 2022, a few said the restaurant's PR representative told them it's not true. Not surprising. Hopefully, press releases will be distributed soon for news outlets to report further details. I suspect, like with most of Bermudez's ventures, they'll probably give CultureMap the scoop first.

• The title was changed to Taco Stand At 1503-1513 Westheimer Rd.
  • 2 weeks later...

Are we sure it's going to be the Burger joint Taco Stand? I just ate at the Taco Stand in Laguna Beach (https://letstaco.com/) and looked them up. They have a bunch of franchise locations, including one in Dallas

Could this be the one we're getting?

P.S. If Houston got this, would immediately be a top 5 taco place in the city

I have talked with Shawn Bermudez construction supervisor several times and he confirmed it will be a Taco Stand but his version. The original one is on N. Shepherd, they have plans for one on Kirby and one in the Clear Lake area, all these are by Burger Joints except for this one. Even the workers at the Montrose Burger Joint confirmed to me this will be Shawn's version of Taco Stand.

https://tacostandhtx.com

• Like 2

Cool to see that they're hard at work. I wonder, will the actual Taco Stand be in that restored building? Doesn't feel like that'd match the other Bermudez restaurant aesthetics, but it'd be a nice change

• Like 1

The guy I have talked with several times told me they are using the building for the new Taco Stand, the rest of the lots will be parking. All Shawn Bermudez restaurants so far use the existing buildings and renovates them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hindesky said:

I'm betting some of it will be an outdoor patio. His current Taco Stand on N. Shepherd St. has one.

That’s a shoebox on Shepherd…very popular but I’m not a fan of their tacos.  I guess the barbacoa is ok.  Fajitas are ..

regarding the big parking lot, i guess they could use the space between the 2 to share parking and then expand Pistoleros to the right taking over that small lot in the long run right?

• Like 3

I have heard that Pistolero's will be repurposed as a pizza place. The cynical side of me wonders if it would be an attempt to compete with the neighboring Bambolino's spot and ultimately take over that area as well.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, boop said:

I have heard that Pistolero's will be repurposed as a pizza place. The cynical side of me wonders if it would be an attempt to compete with the neighboring Bambolino's spot and ultimately take over that area as well.

This is a good call.  I had wondered if it would get converted to a Burger Joint if/when the lease at the Montrose Blvd location runs out, but a conversion to a Montrose outpost of The Pizza Place (like the one planned for the Heights) makes more sense.  I'm not sure anyone ever goes to Bambolino's anyway...

• Like 1

I haven't been to Bambolino's since the 90's but used to like it...we always called it Pizza Prison because of the metal gate surrounding the place haha

👮‍♂️🚓

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2022 at 6:34 PM, hindesky said:

cHC6Mw7.png
GwPYarV.png

Wyhwcmh.png

On 12/11/2023 at 11:22 AM, hindesky said:

WVlCyo3.png

dClajpJ.png

On 3/25/2024 at 11:57 PM, hindesky said:

EzxmNeo.png

An electrical permit was purchased yesterday for 1513 Westheimer Rd.

Details from the permit:

• Use: New parking lot / light poles 2015 IBC

The permit is for parking for the forthcoming Montrose outpost of The Taco Stand. As previously mentioned, the restaurant is planned for 1503 Westheimer Rd. It will occupy the former apartment building known as The West-Mul (or The West-Mull) apartments.

PaVL0Gz.png

On 4/11/2024 at 2:03 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

An electrical permit was purchased yesterday for 1513 Westheimer Rd.

Details from the permit:

The permit is for parking for the forthcoming Montrose outpost of The Taco Stand. As previously mentioned, the restaurant is planned for 1503 Westheimer Rd. It will occupy the former apartment building known as The West-Mul (or The West-Mull) apartments.

PaVL0Gz.png

Several permits were purchased yesterday for 1513 Westheimer Rd:

• Residential sidewalk, driveway permit
  • Paving permit

Details from the permit:

The permit is for parking for the forthcoming Montrose outpost of The Taco Stand at 1503 Westheimer Rd. It will occupy the former apartment building known as The West-Mul (or The West-Mull) apartments.

Last fall, a soft hold was placed on the residential sidewalk, driveway permit with the following notes:

10/23/2023

Soft hold for Metro approval of driveway placement less than 100 feet offset to existing bus stop on Westheimer Rd. A revision to this project shall be submitted if Metro does not approve the  driveway placement and the original approval is voided.

Residential sidewalk, driveway permit

Id57ikP.png

Paving permit

FUIZ4NB.png

• Like 1