New Government Housing Project On Louetta And I-45?

hbcu

On the corner of I-45 and Louetta behind the Starbucks it looks like a federal housing project is being built there but there are no signs to tell you anything about the development.

Ironically, off of Fondren and South Main, the same exact complex is being built except they are building a 4 story unit in the middle of the complex in addition to the single story units. I can understand the complex being on Fondren because I knew the area and landowners will sell their souls to make money instead of doing what's right.

How did this project make it off the ground? Did the public not know about it?

if this thing turns out like the housing projects I watched destroy certain areas might as well start selling land in Centerville.

A few years back, the people in the Enchanted Oaks neighborhood were alerted that the Harris County Housing Authority was interested in the area near where the Super Target is located now. Then after a while, no one heard anything about it anymore.

The area you are referring to now is also owned by the Harris County Housing Authority. You can go to www.hcad.org to verify this information. The reference numbers for the tracts located at Louetta (behind the Starbucks and in front of Planet Ford Autotainment Complex) are: 044-142-000-0316 and 044-142-000-0104. The accompanying map is 5270C5.

Archived