Mediterranean Restaurant

There's a new Mediterranean restaurant on Westheimer in Montrose, just a few blocks east of Mandell and a little west of Commonwealth. It's on the north side of the street in a building that was built last year for a different restaurant that didn't last very long. I haven't tried it or heard anything about it yet but when I drove by over the weekend I noticed it was open and there were some people dining outside on their patio.

There's a new Mediterranean restaurant on Westheimer in Montrose, just a few blocks east of Mandell and a little west of Commonwealth. It's on the north side of the street in a building that was built last year for a different restaurant that didn't last very long. I haven't tried it or heard anything about it yet but when I drove by over the weekend I noticed it was open and there were some people dining outside on their patio.

I think ssullivan is talking about Fendee Mediteranean Grill.

I've been there once, and had a gyro. It was decent, but Niko Niko's are better. Don't know about the rest of their menu, but they do have Mediterranean food.

Also, I think Byzantio and Biba's have some Meditteranean food (may just be Greek). They are both on West Gray.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think ssullivan is talking about Fendee Mediteranean Grill.

I've been there once, and had a gyro. It was decent, but Niko Niko's are better. Don't know about the rest of their menu, but they do have Mediterranean food.

Also, I think Byzantio and Biba's have some Meditteranean food (may just be Greek). They are both on West Gray.

Fendee Mediterranean is decent -- it's more fast food-style but it's good if that's what you're looking for.

There is also Aladdin Mediterranean at the corner of Montrose and Westheimer. This is owned by the same family that own the Fadi's restaurants, so the setup is very similar although they don't always have as much variety. I eat there about once a week since it's close by.

Edited by barracuda

Droubi Brothers in downtown. Great Lebanese. Only open for lunch, I believe.

Unfortunately, Dimassi's didn't make it downtown. The food was never quite as good as their location on Richmond (neither is the Woodlands location, for that matter), and they never had much of a crowd. I ate there as often as I could, but it wasn't enough.

I have been craving some good Greel (Mediterranean) food lately. Does anyone know of any good (and cheap) places out in the Spring or FM 1960 area?

I can't vouch for any of these places, but this is a good place to start:

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/eat002.asp?Z=&...&N=&S=N

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/eat002.asp?Z=&...&N=&S=N

B4-U-Eat is an awesome tool, since it lets you choose the cuisine and the area of town that you're looking for. Give it a shot: www.b4-u-eat.com.

Edited by sheeats