Brokeback Mountain

aberdeen12

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this movie was overly hyped. I went to see it a few weeks ago and was not overly impressed. To me, the stunning cinematography was the actor/actress of the movie. Hopefully this movie does open eyes and kicks down barriers for those that remain. I wonder if this movie would have been introduced before the elections if people might have voted differently?

Can it please get really dirty about Anne Hathaway before we shut it down?

I don't know Dal, brown eyes just don't do it for me. She is a pretty girl though. If I could ever possibly get a celebrity I would try to pounce on Jessica Biel.

Word this morning is that Brokeback Mountain has been nominated for 8 Oscars, the most of any film this year.

Best Picture

Best Supporting Actress

Best Supporting Actor

Best Lead Actor

Best Director

Best Adapted Screenplay

... plus 2 more for musical score or something like that.

These Oscar noms may not change viewer's minds about the movie, but it is notable to get this many for a film that has only been out since mid-December.

This film has surpassed all expectations in just about every way measureable so far, and it hasn't been because of studio manufactured hype. Instead, word of mouth from viewers across the country and intense internet discussion groups have done the advertising for it.

Word this morning is that Brokeback Mountain has been nominated for 8 Oscars, the most of any film this year.

Best Picture

Best Supporting Actress

Best Supporting Actor

Best Lead Actor

Best Director

Best Adapted Screenplay

... plus 2 more for musical score or something like that.

These Oscar noms may not change viewer's minds about the movie, but it is notable to get this many for a film that has only been out since mid-December.

This film has surpassed all expectations in just about every way measureable so far, and it hasn't been because of studio manufactured hype. Instead, word of mouth from viewers across the country and intense internet discussion groups have done the advertising for it.

The gay mafia is behind this I tell you!!! :ph34r::D:ph34r:

Further proof of the gay agenda being pushed by Hollywood.

Yes! The Gay Agenda! Equal rights with straights...stuff like that.

Actually this movie is just another attempt by baby-killing liberals to MAKE you all gay!

The subliminal messages implanted in this movie are already working... :lol:

B)

BTW, west...could I borrow your copy of The Gay Agenda? I never got mine in the mail when they send my membership card.

Further proof of the gay agenda being pushed by Hollywood.

What is this mysterious "gay agenda" exactly. Or is it just a conservative buzzword like "liberal media" or "liberal elite"? I feel left out, I didn't get the questionnaire when they were establishing this "agenda".

BTW, west...could I borrow your copy of The Gay Agenda? I never got mine in the mail when they send my membership card.

I never got mine either. It's a plot! :o Part of the hetero agenda to keep us unaware of the gay agenda.

I should have said the Bi-Buddy agenda. Friends with benefits, and all that jazz.

They have their own agenda? We can't have that! You'll notice the G comes before the B in GLBT. We're the boss! We set the agenda. Today the Oscars tomorrow the world!!!!

Hmm.... I thought the noms might have something to do with this being a movie that ..

- shakes up your perceptions of what is important in your life

- helps you to appreciate the humanity of anyone involved in an intensely passionate relationship

- might cause you to remember friends that you fell out of touch with long ago

... and generally sucker punches you with a surprise ending that forces you to appreciate what you do have going for you in this life.

But I guess I stand corrected ...

Hmm.... I thought the noms might have something to do with this being a movie that ..

- helps you to appreciate the humanity of anyone involved in an intensely passionate relationship

... and generally sucker punches you with a surprise ending that forces you to appreciate what you do have going for you in this life.

I would say the movie is more about being able to have your cake and eating it too.

"Honey, I'm going campin with Bubba, I'll be back in a couple of months, you stay barefoot and pregnant out in that kitchen, while I go have sweaty man-sex then come home to you and act like I really love only you. Allright honey, take care while I'm gone, and don't cheat on me, OK !"

Yes. Very organized crime. I'd tell you more but then I'd have to kill you.

You'd probably "whack" me with your ribbon baton huh, then reorganize my sock drawer, you slimy Guido bastard you ! :wacko:

You'd probably "whack" me with your ribbon baton huh, then reorganize my sock drawer, you slimy Guido bastard you ! :wacko:

Reorganize your sock drawer? Ha! You aint getting off that easy. We'll actually sit you down and MAKE you watch the Oscar broadcast.

I suspect your analysis is the correct one.

B)

Greetings great pals....

Just what is it about this particular movie? I really tried hard not to post anything regarding my thoughts after viewing this movie........and I would have to guess that it is simply because I just have not figured it out as of yet.......

I would have to honestly as well as respectfully agree with some of your aforementioned post. Notably speaking, TJones in regards to the aspects of these guys "having their cake and eating it too"........

Why was I on the edge of my seat throughout tbis entire film? For this is most uncommon for me, since I for one adore great movies....... One of the previous posters stated that this movie was a bit over hyped.....I am inclined to agree......for I cried more at the movie " Legends of the Fall" than at this particular movie......but it did have it's share of a few moments though.....

Why were the love scenes so rough and profound? For I would think that if I for one was lucky enough to be situated upon such a gorgeous mountain setting alone with a companion, lover, friend, significant orther, spouse, or whatever the hottest political term of endearment is at the moment...... everything that occurs would be "easy breezy" no matter how innocent we both were......or how freezing cold the temperatures became......

THIS MOVIE DOES DESERVE TO WIN A FEW OSCARS! For when all is said and done, it is certainly a pioneering achievement.........but there is an all important aspect that this particular movie is certainly devoid of.......I think that this is the primary reason why so many in Hollywood just cannot seem to eagerly GRASP A HOLD UPON IT....... the all important aspect in my opinion is......BALANCE!

.......for if this utterly GREAT amd MAGNIFICENT movie had a bit more balance throughout......then I would feel a bit more complete regarding it's intended message.....

Metropolitantexan

Vince Young is coming home to play....

Archived