Dense Downtown View. Where Was It Taken From?

WesternGulf

looks like it would have had to have bene taken near one houston center, looking north/northwest

edit - yeah! GSW life! the jail is next door, so texas ave is right there...

also, the keystone building and the rice hotel are in the foreground (which are on texas ave.)

edit again - maybe urban league?

Edited by sevfiv

Maybe from the Great Southwest Life building?

Close.

The building on the lower left is the Federal Detention Center, on Texas Ave., between San Jacinto and Caroline. The Great SW Building is directly to the left of the Detention Center. This photo was taken from a position North and East of the Detention Center. The only building of substantial height in that block is the Harris County Annex on Prairie @ Caroline. This used to be the Cotton Exchange.

Great pic, BTW.

In midtowncoog's map, it is the Anderson Clayton Building.

Edited by RedScare

The Urban League building? What is that?

It is the old Federal Reserve building at the corner of Texas and Caroline, directly south of Anderson Clayton. It is only 2 stories tall, though, so this pic had to come from Clayton.

I used to office on the 19th floor of Great SW. I had a balcony that ran the length of the building...looked right down into Minute Maid. We used to watch the Grand Prix from there, too. Great parties. :P

It is the old Federal Reserve building at the corner of Texas and Caroline, directly south of Anderson Clayton. It is only 2 stories tall, though, so this pic had to come from Clayton.

I used to office on the 19th floor of Great SW. I had a balcony that ran the length of the building...looked right down into Minute Maid. We used to watch the Grand Prix from there, too. Great parties. :P

........and you failed to invite me, why you lousy mother(beep)............ :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

There is a two-story parking area inside the building. The ramp inclines are some of the steepest in the world at approximately 35 degrees. The vacant tower next door may become condos with Keystone, including a shared parking garage.

Edited by N8TIV