Bartlett Lofts At 2422 Bartlett St.

The HBJ had an article on it last week.

31 units. A rehab of an existing building on Bartlett Street near the Rice Village. The upper units are being called "sky lofts." The developer is out of Albuquerque and apparently there is a sales office on site.

it is awful how they offer these living spaces and then price them so high I would hope to get more space for the price. Maybe, these projects would take off in the Houston area if they were price accordingly to square footage. Mainly more square footage for less money then is currently offered by most of these projects. If they build bigger units then they could go vertical more often then they currently do. I don't k now maybe they could find a happy middle ground to allow for profits.

I hope I am making myself clear, and please let me know if you care and don't understand to clarify

Edited by eelimon

This project will be semi-affordable ($200 psf). Morris designed it and from the looks of it, it should be pretty cool.

Yes but I would like to purchase a place and not have it feel like an apartment. If the interior sq footage could be better like ($100 - $125 psf) I think more people would be inclined to buy in the inner city. Of course what I mean is that there should be options in this price range in a multi family development for sale or in a mixed-use development.

Edited by eelimon

Yes but I would like to purchase a place and not have it feel like an apartment. If the interior sq footage could be better like ($100 - $125 psf) I think more people would be inclined to buy in the inner city. Of course what I mean is that there should be options in this price range in a multi family development for sale or in a mixed-use development.

to my knowledge, you cant find anything at those prices inside the loop unless its an older condo or a foreclosure. land prices and construction materials have gone through the roof. if you take all the costs, the developer is already in over $100 psf and they are not in the business to lose money ;)

to my knowledge, you cant find anything at those prices inside the loop unless its an older condo or a foreclosure. land prices and construction materials have gone through the roof. if you take all the costs, the developer is already in over $100 psf and they are not in the business to lose money ;)

I kinda figured that it is just wishful thinking. You can barely get those prices inside the Belt

They could probably build something similar in rundown neighborhoods 10 minutes from Downtown with skyline views, places like 5th Ward and Magnolia Park, at a price that would attract median-income buyers but, if they built them, would anyone except urban pioneers come? I'm sure a quick sell out of a project is a crucial factor in calculating a project's viability.

So, if that's true, then it would follow that by the time an area becomes no-brainer enough to warrant developments of this type the area is already too expensive for the entry-level homebuyer, except for the few tiny units that are offered.

Probably the closest things to new housing going up in formerly ragged areas would be the Warehouse District and Jensen Drive area. So, if someone built a 10 story residential tower with skyline terraces in the heart of 5th Ward, 1500 sq. ft. for $150K with all of the nice touches, would anyone here buy one?

They could probably build something similar in rundown neighborhoods 10 minutes from Downtown with skyline views, places like 5th Ward and Magnolia Park, at a price that would attract median-income buyers but, if they built them, would anyone except urban pioneers come? I'm sure a quick sell out of a project is a crucial factor in calculating a project's viability.

So, if that's true, then it would follow that by the time an area becomes no-brainer enough to warrant developments of this type the area is already too expensive for the entry-level homebuyer, except for the few tiny units that are offered.

Probably the closest things to new housing going up in formerly ragged areas would be the Warehouse District and Jensen Drive area. So, if someone built a 10 story residential tower with skyline terraces in the heart of 5th Ward, 1500 sq. ft. for $150K with all of the nice touches, would anyone here buy one?

it does not even have to be too complex in design it just needs to be build like you say 1500 ft for $150 K. But it must be built well and most importantly profitable. with high ceilings and home feel to floor plan as opposed to apartment feel to floor plan

After you start this how could you keep prices low

Edited by eelimon

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Bartlett Lofts At 2422 Bartlett St.