Houston Press At 1621 Milam St.

ToolMan

1 hour ago, rechlin said:

The Chronicle is covering its demolition, complete with photos of the carnage:

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Downtown-landmark-Houston-Press-building-reduced-13348410.php

I'm annoyed by these people who want to save it right after learning about plans to demo it. If there are any other buildings they want to save, don't wait until the wrecking ball shows up.

1 hour ago, lockmat said:

I'm annoyed by these people who want to save it right after learning about plans to demo it. If there are any other buildings they want to save, don't wait until the wrecking ball shows up.

The only way to preemptively save buildings is to pass a strong preservation ordinance. We can't just go campaigning to save every historic building when there are no plans for their demolition.

4 hours ago, Chi-Char-Hou-Dal said:

I saw the guts of the building half way demolished, parking structure, some old bricks, IMO not too much to be sad about, if Chevron actually does something with this block that would be cool. Don't really see why they would knock it down just to grow grass

They've been growing grass on the old YMCA lot for years now. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to 860 Leeland St.
  • The title was changed to Houston Press At 1621 Milam St.