Summerwood: Residential Community At 14111 Summerwood Lakes Dr.

Matt & I went and looked at a house in Eagle Springs about a year ago but it was out of our price range at the time. Now we are looking there again...we like Summerwood as well and were wondering if anyone lives in either place that can give us some feedback. Matt works in the Medical Center and I am a SAHM.

Thanks!!

Longtime lurker here. I live in Summerwood, but I know lots of people who live in Eagle Springs. If your husband works in the Medical Center, my number 1 factor would be the commute. Summerwood is a shorter commute. Eagle Springs hands down has better walking trails and swimming pools. However, Summerwood just built a brand new club house and pool (probably to compete with Eagle Springs). The only downfall with Eagle Springs is that it's kind of far from a freeway. Granted Beltway 8 isn't a freeway now, you know it will be in the future. Eagle Springs has some not quite as nice neighborhoods surrounding it. I don't think you can make a bad choice, but overall, we choose Summerwood for the reasons listed above, and we've been pleased.

I live in Fall Creek, and perfer Summerwood over Eagle Springs.

Why?

Atoscociata Road is getting super busy! A lot of new hoods are popping up before Eagle Springs and the road is not going to get any wider.

And they just introduced some zig-zag concet on the road that makes me a bit nervous.

Thanks, both of you! I appreciate the feedback. I really like Fall Creek...but can't find anything within the 150-160K price range. This would be our first house (we do own, but it's a condo). Until Matt is done with his postdoc, we won't be able to afford anything more. We have considered staying right where we are until our part of the freeway is done, but I honestly don't think I can wait that long (3 years, at least). I'm about done with condo life and so is Matt. We want something nice and new, or even if it isn't new, we want some room to breathe. I need SPACE! Plus I am tired of my water being turned off every freaking few weeks for repairs to some unit in our building, and I'm tired of not being able to let my dog run loose, poor Havana needs a yard! :P

Do either of you know if the Beltway is going to be turned into Toll Road and if so, how will that affect the subdivisions there?

Thanks again!!

I heard 2007 they may complete the Beltway.

Summerwood and Fall Creek might hear a little Beltway noise as a result, but the feeders should be clear, and that will be cool.

Rumors are for Chilis, Wal-Mart, Kroger building on the north side of the Belt next to Wilson Road.

We shall see.

One of our neighbors is actually in his residency in the Med Center, and I think his wife said it was about 45 minutes - 1 hour during rush hour. During rush hour it's 30-45 minutes to downtown. With all of the building in Summerwood, you can get a nice "used" (1-9 years old) house easily for your price range or less.

I heard 2007 as well for the Beltway. I assume it would drive property values up. We just had a Summerwood HOA meeting last night, and the developer said they are moving an Exxon-Mobile pipeline right along Beltway 8 in Summerwood so they can sell a big piece of property for commercial development. He specifically said they are in talks to make that a grocery store. I've heard from others that this grocery store is Walmart. Also, the fire station in Summerwood will break ground in June (lowering home owner's insurance). I've also confirmed with a school board member that land has been bought across from Summerwood on Beltway 8 for another new high school. A new middle school will also be built along Beltway 8 near Summerwood, but that land has not been purchased.

• The title was changed to Summerwood: Residential Community At 14111 Summerwood Lakes Dr.

Archived