Schlumberger Moving Headquarters To Houston

Oct. 25, 2005, 9:57PM

Services company bound for Houston

Schlumberger moving base closer to oil-field clients

Schlumberger will move its U.S. headquarters from New York City to Houston in an effort to unite its corporate staff with some of its biggest operations.

Link... http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/business/3416161

Edited by houstonsemipro

This is good news for Houston. Hopefully they'll go downtown, and not out at the Sugar Land campus or the building on San Felipe.

They have a pretty big facilty out there sully, I think I even recall seeing new buildings being built out there around their compound. :(

I have to agree that this deal screams Sugar Land.

They also have a decent size campus on Dairy-Ashford and they used to have lots of acreage in Westchase but they sold half of it, rented out a quarter of it and jammed all their people into the remaining quarter.

Glad I don't work for them anymore.

This will be a nice consolidation, but since the majority of there workforce is already here in Houston, we won't see much of an influx.

The good out of this is that this is another large company with Houston as it's headquarters versus New York.

I'm guess the bussiness climate was more enticing not to mention they have the majority of operations here.

Is this company a Fortune 500? It'll be another headquarters to add to our list.

This will be a nice consolidation, but since the majority of there workforce is already here in Houston, we won't see much of an influx.

The good out of this is that this is another large company with Houston as it's headquarters versus New York.

I'm guess the bussiness climate was more enticing not to mention they have the majority of operations here.

Is this company a Fortune 500? It'll be another headquarters to add to our list.

I think it will not count as a Fortune 500 headquarters because this is just the US headquarters. They overall HQ is still in Europe. Just like Shell is not listed among Houston Fortune 500 companies.

I think it's great.

100 executives and the money they spend is always appreciated in Houston.

100 execs with a combined salary of about 15 to 25 million dollars to spend each year. Yea, I'd say that would be ok. I have Schlumberger folks spending money with me all the time, I need more of them.

100 execs with a combined salary of about 15 to 25 million dollars to spend each year. Yea, I'd say that would be ok. I have Schlumberger folks spending money with me all the time, I need more of them.

Not to sound elitist but it is good news to have some high income people relocating here as the types of nice developments we all hope for depend on it.

Our population growth needs a good balance of income levels otherwise we just end up being another Sao Paulo; some nice sections with shanty towns in abundance on the outskirts.

Should we send them a "welcome to Houston, from HAIF" gift basket or something?

I think it will not count as a Fortune 500 headquarters because this is just the US headquarters. They overall HQ is still in Europe. Just like Shell is not listed among Houston Fortune 500 companies.

Or any other major oil companies that have division headquarters here :( unfortunitly. Like Exxon has more employees here then any other city in the world.