Houston Airshow

skwatra

the wings over houston airshow is this weekend.

i just saw the snowbirds practicing, so i went to the website. they're headlining, which is quite a disappointment. ever since i moved here it's been the thunderbirds, which was already a step down from what i was used to in DC - the blue angels. and now they have a canadian snowbirds as the headliner??

what's up with that?

The airshow really isnt a Houston thing because it is not located inside the loop, so stop talking about it. And while I'm on the subject, the first phrase spoken from the moon wasn't "Houston" either, it was: "unincorporated harris county"

Edited by 2112

The airshow really isnt a Houston thing because it is not located inside the loop, so stop talking about it. And while I'm on the subject, the first phrase spoken from the moon wasn't "Houston" either, it was: "unincorporated harris county"

Houston is only the fourth largest city in America. As such we only get fourth rate items, such as football teams, newpapers, and Airshow headliners.

other then the fact that's its called the Wings over HOUSTON airshow, and its at Ellington Field which is part of the HOUSTON Airport System and it take place within the city limits. yeah that's not a houston thing at all.

for anyone who does care, i hear the blue angels will be here next year from a co-worker.

other then the fact that's its called the Wings over HOUSTON airshow, and its at Ellington Field which is part of the HOUSTON Airport System and it take place within the city limits. yeah that's not a houston thing at all.

I was being sarcastic. I know it's in houston. I was just making fun of the "inner-loop" snobs out there!

Note: If you are from the inner-loop, and are not a snob 'bout it, please disregard this post. Otherwise, kiss my nalga.

I was being sarcastic. I know it's in houston. I was just making fun of the "inner-loop" snobs out there!

Note: If you are from the inner-loop, and are not a snob 'bout it, please disregard this post. Otherwise, kiss my nalga.

sorry, i thought you were serious. i can't keep track of who's who on here sometimes...

The Snowbirds are whimpy.

i didn't get a chance to see the snowbirds other then when they were practicing since i was Inside the loop all weekend. a friend told me their formations were impressive, but with no speed or sound it was exactly that. hopefully next year we'll go back to having some real action.