Beltway 8 At Highway 59 North

Yes, HCTRA is planning to build it from US 59 north to US 90 as a tollroad. Last projected construction date I think I heard was around 2009-2010.

On a related topic, I noticed when driving up 59 Friday afternoon that the BW 8 eastbound to US 59 southbound direct connector ramp is now open, and the two US 59 to BW 8 westbound ramps are nearing completion.

Several months ago I saw an item on the Harris County Commissioners Court agenda for a contract to a consulting firm for preparation of final plans for the segment from US 59 to US 90. This suggests to me that the project could be moving to construction sooner than anticipated, maybe sooner than 2009.

A final decision on moving forward with the tollway is probably contingent on expected traffic count and the cashflow coming into HCTRA's account from other tollways.

Thanks.  I am waiting for the BW8 Westbound connector to 59 South. 

Now that will move some cars in the morning!

US 59 N. is the best road in Houston.

Yeah unfortunately that one isn't in the current TxDOT contract on the interchange and won't be built for a while. Same thing with BW8 westbound to 59 north, and 59 north and south to BW8 eastbound. All of the ramps connecting to BW8 on the east side of 59 probably won't be built until HCTRA completes the toll road.

Summer Wood is nice, and you can put your boat in five minutes from your house. They did a great job keeping the trees. A lot of extra traffic right now, but once the BW is done it'll be easy.

Fall Creek is about to double in size and a new golf course is on the way for the Shell Open. The closest master planned community to downtown.

• The title was changed to Beltway 8 At Highway 59 North