Tearing Down The Superdome

editor

Why don't they just build a memorial?

I'm sure that is something that all the anti-bush liberals of New Orleans can agree upon.

Liberals love memorials!

Great idea!

We'll leave the building just as it is, and rename it the "George W. Bush Dome" - not a soul in it, and so full of sh**!

Its just nice how almost all of these threads seem to turn political. :P What a nice example we are setting for the refugees within our fair city!

Great idea!

We'll leave the building just as it is, and rename it the "George W. Bush Dome" - not a soul in it, and so full of sh**!

:lol:

Its just nice how almost all of these threads seem to turn political. :P  What a  nice example we are setting for the refugees within our fair city!

Then don't call them refugees the are actually evacuees

That seems crazy to me. The roof damage appears to be minimal and the building is otherwise structurally sound. Even if the interior needs to be gutted and redone, it would surely cost a lot less than a new covered stadium. Reliant Field cost around $500 million

Have you guys ever noticed how tall that Superdome is compared to the rest of the New Orleans skyline? If it were ever torn down completely, it wouldn't be another Kingdome. It'd be a mess. I just can't picture it ever happening.

CNN said they will have to rebuild it because it is not structurally sound in a story about Oprah taking a tour of the Superdome

My HAIF post number 100 and counting! B)

I don't want to turn this topic sour, but I have to ask..

I've been hearing some very very bad stories about things that happened inside the dome. Some are coming from what I consider reliable sources. Anyone have information about just how bad it really was in there?

I understand if you don't want to post it, but could you PM with what you've heard? Thanks..

I don't want to turn this topic sour, but I have to ask..

I've been hearing some very very bad stories about things that happened inside the dome. Some are coming from what I consider reliable sources. Anyone have information about just how bad it really was in there?

I understand if you don't want to post it, but could you PM with what you've heard? Thanks..

They Mayor of NOLA was telling Oprah of some of the horid thing that happened in the Superdome and she was in tears. From what I understand the sorties are mosly true.

There have been numerous stories that, as the electricity failed at 5:00 am on Monday, the temperature and humidity rose, food and water ran out and the toilets stopped functioning. Numerous crimes were committed, as thugs banded together to terrorize the victims. The police could not arrest the offenders, as they had no jail. They devised a plan to look for gunflashes, then converge on the area and frisk everyone until they found the weapon. At least it reduced the number of weapons in the dome.

As to deaths, only 10 bodies were recovered, including a suicide victim and several natural deaths. So, the violence, while terrifying, was seldom fatal.

A group of British tourists that taped some of their stay at the Superdome were taken out earlier out of the dome "for their own protection". They all stayed together closely, because they were fearing the worst for the women in the group. They were convinced that they were more vunerable because they were tourists.

A group of British tourists that taped some of their stay at the Superdome were taken out earlier out of the dome "for their own protection". They all stayed together closely, because they were fearing the worst for the women in the group. They were convinced that they were more vunerable because they were tourists.

Is the video tape on the internet

Regardless of what they do, I could never feel comfortable being there for an event knowing what tragedy occured on the site. Perhaps something else could be built on some higher land in the NO area.

B)

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/future/SaintsStadium.htm

Check this out. There have been talks for a little over a year on building a new stadium for the Saints in New Orleans. Here's the renderings.

On a personal note, I would guess that if this were to go through, they would change the location to someplace not so close to water.

I don't know where the lakeside rendering would take place, but the one closer to downtown was going to destroy a bunch of low income and delapidated housing. People cried racism as usual. I guess now with most of those homes destroyed and the people not really owning them, it's a good chance for a new stadium.

Archived