Texas A&M University College Station Developments

H-Town Man

Since that has nothing to do with the Texas A&M Cover Up story which happens to be the topic of this thread. Please answer the question. Does the 'Aggie Code of Honor' pertain to A&M administrators?

Edited by mrfootball

Since that has nothing to do with the Texas A&M Cover Up story which happens to be the topic of this thread. Please answer the question. Does the 'Aggie Code of Honor' pertain to A&M administrators?

It pertains to Aggies. The question is, are A&M administrators Aggies? I think an Aggie though is anyone who has ever attended school at Texas A&M. So my hunch is, unless they were students there, no.

Why does it matter though? There's plenty in the Employee Handbook that this is in violation of. You even have to take an online course on ethics to be an employee now. And if they are bound to the Honor Code, it won't be the first time that someone has violated it.

It pertains to Aggies. The question is, are A&M administrators Aggies? I think an Aggie though is anyone who has ever attended school at Texas A&M. So my hunch is, unless they were students there, no.

Why does it matter though? There's plenty in the Employee Handbook that this is in violation of. You even have to take an online course on ethics to be an employee now. And if they are bound to the Honor Code, it won't be the first time that someone has violated it.

The code of honor is "Aggies do not lie, cheat or steal." It never mentions cover ups.

The code of honor is "Aggies do not lie, cheat or steal." It never mentions cover ups.

Well, he "stole" the vials, and then "lie"d about destroying them. I guess one out of 3 is still following the "code" as long as you don't break all three rules at once, the Aggie in question is safe ?

Not that I've seen...

I actually attended a luncheon hosted by the Research Valley Partnership held at Pebble Creek Country Club a month or so ago regarding this proposed development. Several members of the "task force" attempting to bring this to B-CS were there. I believe at that point B-CS was on a list of 16 remaining communities still under consideration. There was to be an envoy from the government visiting the proposed site within a week of that luncheon to make an actual physical tour of the site. I haven't heard anything since then so I'm thinking we may've been cut...but who knows. Our community had several things that made us a desirable location but so do a lot of the other towns. If I hear anything I'll post it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
I hope they eliminate some of that sprawl and allow it to be more of a walkable campus like the Main Campus. Let's not make this another West Campus design.

I agree with you, I actual wish that the Municipal Golf Course site would have been chosen instead. To me the site that they choice is out of the way and not in the core of the city. Having it at the golf course site would get rid of the far out sprawl, and they could have had a dense walkable campus with highrises. It would have really been nice with the Villa Maria underpass now nearing completion.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is late, but better late than never. The Aggie women's softball team is in the middle of a best of 3 College World Series against Arizona State. ASU won game one last night 3-0. Watch tonight on ESPN @ 7pm to see if the Lady Ags can even the score.

The Aggies haven't won a Softball College World Series in 20 years, the Sun Devils have never won.

• 5 months later...

HSC, City of Bryan raise flags on new Bryan campus as construction steams ahead

BRYAN, TX � It was all smiles under hard hats Wednesday, November 5, 2008 as the Texas A&M Health Science Center and City of Bryan hosted a joint flag raising at the new Bryan campus.

Surrounded by heavy machinery and dozens of construction workers, Nancy W. Dickey, M.D., President of the Texas A&M Health Science Center and Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs for the Texas A&M University System, joined D. Mark Conlee, Mayor of the City of Bryan, for the ceremonial event as the A&M System makes its first permanent physical presence in the city. They were flanked by top administrators from each organization and key project personnel.

The A&M System Board of Regents approved the allocation of about 200 acres along State Highway 47adjacent to Traditions Club Golf Course to the health science center in December 2006, having earlier accepted the $6.6 million land gift from the City of Bryan. Fifty of these acres will be for health-related public-private partnerships and facilities. A construction contract has been awarded to Houston-based Satterfield and Pontikes Construction Inc.

The new Bryan location will ultimately allow the health science center to consolidate its academic programs and administration currently located throughout Bryan and College Station onto a single campus. The first two buildings � the Health Professions Education Building and the Medical Research and Education Building � are scheduled to open in 2010 and 2011, respectively.

City of Bryan and health science center officials said the new campus would provide an estimated economic benefit to the city of $1 billion for 2010 alone.

Edited by Scotch

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently a student orf Urban Planning at Texas A&M. The area that most interests me is Urban Design and I would like to know more information about it. What do they exactly do? What are the best schools in Texas? Do you guys have any suggestions.

Thank you guys for your time. :)

I am currently a student orf Urban Planning at Texas A&M. The area that most interests me is Urban Design and I would like to know more information about it. What do they exactly do? What are the best schools in Texas? Do you guys have any suggestions.

Thank you guys for your time. :)

Is the A & M program a technical design/engineering degree or a policy-making admin sort of program? When I was in school it was policy-driven along the lines of an applied poly sci/business combo degree, and the technical side was the industrial/civic engineering stuff. Curious. If I had to do it all over again, urban planning (policy)with a law degree topper would sound really interesting.

In any event, it's ultimately about spending other people's money on a very large scale. Do you want to build stuff, or decide what gets built?

Is the A & M program a technical design/engineering degree or a policy-making admin sort of program? When I was in school it was policy-driven along the lines of an applied poly sci/business combo degree, and the technical side was the industrial/civic engineering stuff. Curious. If I had to do it all over again, urban planning (policy)with a law degree topper would sound really interesting.

In any event, it's ultimately about spending other people's money on a very large scale. Do you want to build stuff, or decide what gets built?

I think I want to build the stuff, you know I have seen drawing of what I have google 'urban design' and it seems very appealing to me. I am doing the bachelor's program at A&M it's a new major that just started last year.

Is the A&M Urban Planning program associated at all with the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M? They are renowned for research, although I am not sure about any planning or design.

I know UT Austin has a strong Community & Regional Planning program in its School of Architecture. It would incorporate design concepts on several scales (from a single building to an entire metro)

• 1 month later...

Quite a few of the buildings mentioned in the article linked above are nearing completion.

I took a few photos around campus yesterday-

George P. and Cynthia Woods Mitchell Institute for Fundamental Physics and Astronomy

and the George P. Mitchell '40 Physics Building (connected together)

link

Buildings041.jpg

The HUGE Interdisiplinary Life Sciences Building

Buildings046.jpg

Buildings047.jpg

New building west of the Vet School, not quite sure what the name is:

Buildings042.jpg

Texas Transportation Institute state headquaters in Research Park

link

Buildings045.jpg

Ground has also broken on the Emerging Technologies and Economic Development Interdisciplinary Building:

dev.jpg

Engineering and Applied Technologies Align

By REBECCA WATTS, AbouTown Press

...The building will house the Dwight Look College of Engineering, the Department of Biomedical Engineering and the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineers, and the research of interdisciplinary partnerships. International design firm Perkins + Will designed the three-story building to include ample display space, nine classrooms and two lecture halls equipped with state-of-the-art technology, two computer labs, dry and wet bench labs that will support bioscience experiments, underwater research labs, visualization rooms, workshop facilities, and offices.

The construction of the Emerging Technologies building will better accommodate the 100 additional faculty positions added to the Dwight Look College of Engineering through the faculty reinvestment plan. Initiated by former Texas A&M president and current U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates in 2006, the plan adds 447 faculty positions over five years to the university...