Cool 50's Ranch House For Sale

rps324

This one hasn't hit MLS yet, but will be going on this week. If anybody is looking for something "unspoiled" with no Home Depot numbers, this might work. I wish it was more "mod" but it has some really cool 50's details in it. $189,900 in Glenbrook, 8106 Stony Dell Ct. I really like the street this one is on, in the middle of that hilly section. Hoping to find a buyer sympathetic to the 50's look it still has.

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

I think that round thing was to put a TV on?

Looking down the street and across.

IMG_0706.jpgIMG_0707.jpg

Wow. Nice. It's amazing it hasn't been "updated". I'm guessing original owners. Even has the old TV antennas mounted on the chimney. Nice streetscape too.

• 1 month later...

I am going to hold this bad boy open this Sunday the 9th. 2 to 4 PM. 8106 Stony Dell, 77061. Take Gulf Frwy to Broadway, take Broadway across Sims bayou and turn left at Santa Elena, right on Glen Dell, right on Stony Dell. If you have never visited Glenbrook, this might be an opportunity to check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
I am going to hold this bad boy open this Sunday the 9th. 2 to 4 PM. 8106 Stony Dell, 77061. Take Gulf Frwy to Broadway, take Broadway across Sims bayou and turn left at Santa Elena, right on Glen Dell, right on Stony Dell. If you have never visited Glenbrook, this might be an opportunity to check it out.

How'd the open house go? I was sorry I was traveling this week and couldn't make it.

I missed this thread earlier and am not in the market but would have loved to have seen that one. So nice to see they never painted over the paneling. In my neighborhood, all the homes had wood paneling and cabinets (built on the spot, not pre-fab; not at all unusual to find a shelf that's not quite level) and everyone of them I know of has had the paneling and cabinets painted over -- too dark, everyone said. In my place, they also painted the brick fireplace. :angry: I looked into having something done to remove the paint before I moved in, but everybody discouraged me from even trying.

It was a great house anyway so I went ahead and bought it.

Edited by brucesw

I have a couple of people vying for it right now, but nothing cast in stone yet. An Attorney from the Heights that is totally into the original concept wants it, but still has to sell their current place. Another couple put in an offer that was not accepted, and it considering another offer. Yesterday I had a California investor who wrote offers on this one and one other in Glenbrook. We looked at the one on Imperial Crown in Spring Branch, the one on Kimberly, some in Briarmeadow, Tanglewilde & Sharpstown. he liked these the best apparently.

There is another good original one in there with Keller-Williams that is only $179,900 and over 3100 sq ft. I always feel like I am scrambling to find people who won't jack them up with bad remuddles!