105-3 K287BQ Alvin

Purpledevil

This is another translator for Centro Cristiano de Vida Eterna, aka Latino Broadcasting Corporation, which filed for its license to cover on December 18th, 2015. Centro Cristiano co-owns "La Nueva 94-1" K231CN and "La Mejor 104-5" K283CH, with this latest translator in Alvin licensed to rebroadcast KTBZ-FM as its sister La Mejor currently does. The issue that has arisen, is that no one I have talked with has ever heard 105-3 on the air. I have been on the south side of Houston this past week and found nothing but a weak KXXF Winnie coming through on ch. 287.

Can anyone on the south or SW side of Houston confirm a Spanish language Christian format on 105-3 FM? I believe we may have a phantom radio station amongst us...

I have asked Mr Guevarra about it and he says WERE WORKING ON IT. I bet they won't have anything on this translator anytime soon since they are working on 98.7 which is also a LBC translator.

Btw you say CO-OWNED?? Who is the other owner??

No, no, I wasn't clear. Same owner, all three are owned by and operate as "sister" stations. To my knowledge, the Christian Center owns 100% of all three translators, and unless something has changed recently, Guevara also owns K291CE 106-1 Hum FM. Rehan Siddiqui simply leases that facility from the Christian Center.

Also to note: Pastor Guevara also owns the current K297BT Sealy, which has so far made the 60 mile journey east down I-10 from Columbus to this point. The latest proposal is to again move the translator further east, changing channels once again, now proposing to use channel 300 (107-9) from a transmit site just outside of Simonton. You know, where sister translator K291CE started its life as K294BH on 106-7. I have my doubts this will ever work, with El Norte operating at 90kW from just east of Houston. On paper, it fits. In a real world application, it remains to be seen if K297BT can co-exist with KQQK on the same frequency, but given the past experiences with KQLC-LP trying to do the same from Brookshire with no success, it doesn't look good for this latest facility making the attempt.

I'm glad you are keeping up with all this, Purple. As you know, I did, for awhile. Some days I felt like my head was spinning...

Certainly isn't an easy thing to do. Too much free time on my hands after work, it seems. I need to take up building bottled model ships or something...

Archived