General Transportation News

11 minutes ago, HouTXRanger said:

It looks like the post I wrote was lost to the ether . . . to summarize, losing Fields is a tragedy for the city. A few years ago, when he first started, I was fortunate enough to speak/work with him a little, and I was impressed with his attitude regarding the city and its potential. He went out of his way to make projects work (like attending an opposition meeting for 11th street to answer questions and talk with concerned residents) and I respected his decision to take his career (multi-modal planning) to a challenging place (a sunbelt metropolis). It will be difficult to find a replacement that has his attitude and outlook, if Whitmire plans to get a replacement at all, which I doubt considering how he's conducted his office so far. Very disappointed that my hometown seems to be taking ten steps back.

I think what hurt David and Veronica was the fact they didn't properly consult first responders when designing some of the safety improvements. Much of the communication was to those who had no say on the design or engineering. So Whitmire is getting rid of anything he deems to be "special interest" or "agenda" based. I hate losing both of those talented individuals. If we had Turner 4 more years, so much would have been accomplished. Now every bikeway project including Montrose Boulevard are under attack EVEN the new Metro transit lines.