January 13th, 2015 - A Date Which Will Live in HAIFamy

Just had to say something about this whole day. In the past 24 hours we've gotten word that construction has begun on a superb downtown residential highrise, a stunning, generational plan for MFAH that costs more than some cities, the long-awaited Amegy rendering with its daring blue glass curve (ok, slightly sarcastic), news of forward progress on a fine Main Street mixed-use residential building, and a sleek rendering for the Texas Children's expansion.

Still hoping for a few more construction starts (esp. Alessandra) but if an energy bust happens now, I will be satisfied. Everything which has transpired has done so according to my desire.

We have much to be excited about.

Hines tower

Hilcorp

2 new rail lines

Menil Drawing Institute

MFAH new museum and campus redesign

Texas history museum

Methodist hospital

Herman Hospital

Texas Childrens hospital

Hanovers 

Village

Montrose

Galleria

Sky House 1& 2

40 story market sq. residential

32 story hines market square

Marriot Marquis

Hampton Inns

Catalyst 

Mid Main 

Match

Buffalo Bayou

Herman Park

Memorial Park

Billiton

And a hundred other projects all over Midtown, Montrose, Galleria uptown, the Energy corridor and the Woodlands

I only scratched the surface, but how can anyone complain?

And now, this (from the link in the Alexan Blair House thread)...

"NEW YROK, N.Y., Jan. 13, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- via PRWEB - The largest medical complex in the world, Texas Medical Center encompasses 21 hospitals, multiple medical and nursing schools and more than 106,000 employees, and is expanding from its current 46 million square feet to 59 million square feet."

post-11828-0-61226500-1421205552.jpg

And now, this (from the link in the Alexan Blair House thread)...

"NEW YROK, N.Y., Jan. 13, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- via PRWEB - The largest medical complex in the world, Texas Medical Center encompasses 21 hospitals, multiple medical and nursing schools and more than 106,000 employees, and is expanding from its current 46 million square feet to 59 million square feet."

attachicon.gifchuck-norris-thumb_1.jpg

Yeeeeeesssssss to the new 13 million square feet!!!!

The medical industry is about to be on fire!

Did they really mention a differential of 13 msf? Where will they put it all? (And when will they announce the rest of it? MemHermann and the Texas Children's Hospital expansion only account for about 2 million).

Methodist is building a new tower, Anderson is still working on that Pavilion building I believe, that forensic sciences building on OST. Don't know if St. Luke's has announced any expansion but I'm sure they will at some point as well.

Archived