Hotel Icon At 220 Main St.

WestGrayGuy

It could be a W ... the NY Union Square and French Quarter locations are both renovated historic buildings. (I'm just assuming that your reservations are based on its more common image of being a more sleek and modern hotel chain)

Guilty! :)

I was merely besing my reservation on the one in our neighbors to the north! :lol:

Guilty! :)

I was merely besing my reservation on the one in our neighbors to the north! :lol:

My first experience at a W was in Times Square, and it was partay central over there. But then i stayed at the location in the French Quarter and my room was in a converted carriage house (which explained the odd shape of the room). It was still modern, but of a different sort than the Dallas or Times Square locations. One of the reasons, i think, that the W is among my favorite hotel chains...

• 6 months later...

I can't really see a W or a Ritz Carlton going in that building unless they do a complete rennovation and building conversion. This is great news nonetheless!

My thoughts exactly. A renovation has been in progress.

• 2 months later...

Hotel Icon is going to become a Marriott Autograph Collection hotel. Looks like a good brand for them and for downtown Houston. It's Marriott's newest brand and they describe it as "a select group of upscale and luxury independent hotels, each with its own distinct personality and unique experiences, style and features."

Autograph Collection

• Like 1

• 8 years later...
  • The title was changed to Hotel Icon Being Rebranded
  • The title was changed to Hotel Icon At 220 Main St.