New Dallas Developments

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Development and underconstruction are two different issues.  Downtown Houston is expanding.  I was impressed with Dallas last week.  Just wait when the Panamal Expainson starts.  The Port Of Houston already has 4, 300 foot cranes for the huge container ships.  Houston is ready , and TMC continues to build with two expansions including UT.  So Dallas do not think we relay only on oil.  Go to Houston.org to see how much money comes into our city with the port and medical center the largest in the world.  Houston's GNP is so much larger then all of DFW!  I do like the pictures, please send more.          

I don't think guys from Dallas are insecure because they post pretty renderings. I think they're insecure because they have little flaccid buildings.  :P

Reminder Respectful discussions only. My-city-is-better-than-your-city flame wars are not permitted on HAIF. "He started it" is not a valid excuse. Both parties in a flame war may have their accounts suspended or terminated. Just walk away. Flames will be deleted without notice. Please report violations to a member of the moderating team, or to the Editor.

Development and underconstruction are two different issues.  Downtown Houston is expanding.  I was impressed with Dallas last week.  Just wait when the Panamal Expainson starts.  The Port Of Houston already has 4, 300 foot cranes for the huge container ships.  Houston is ready , and TMC continues to build with two expansions including UT.  So Dallas do not think we relay only on oil.  Go to Houston.org to see how much money comes into our city with the port and medical center the largest in the world.  Houston's GNP is so much larger then all of DFW!  I do like the pictures, please send more.          

Someone has been putting marijuana in Kitty's bowl again. He actually gave Dallas a compliment. :lol:

• Like 1

I don't think guys from Dallas are insecure because they post pretty renderings. I think they're insecure because they have little flaccid buildings.  :P

Im not offended by this at all. I like the way the city is looking. Very proud. And I know bigger things are coming. B)

• Like 3

Reported topic so a bunch of off-topic posts deleted.  To reiterate the sub-forum notice:

Reminder Respectful discussions only. My-city-is-better-than-your-city flame wars are not permitted on HAIF. "He started it" is not a valid excuse. Both parties in a flame war may have their accounts suspended or terminated. Just walk away. Flames will be deleted without notice.

The topic here is Dallas development, so keep your posts on that.  We're not running Dallas v Houston contests here.

• Like 5

GFF is working on an infill development just north of Galleria Dallas. 

The project, called The Muse, will replace the surface parking lot in-between Galleria North II and Z Gallerie. 

View map here.

The Muse is a creatively conceived infill development on the parking lot. Existing surface parking will be replaced with an 8-story mixed use building composed of 272 residential units above a 4-story parking garage. 

A vibrant new street is created between the old and the new buildings, lined with restaurants and focused on a dynamic central plaza space with water, art, movies and significant pedestrian choreography. New restaurant leases will convert the rear of existing stores into "fronts" activating the mews. The roof of the parking structure forms the pool terrace for the apartments. 

PASEO-Logo-1920x960.jpg
STREETSCAPE-LOOKING-EAST-Logo-1920x960.j
STREETSCAPE-LOOKING-WEST-Logo-1920x960.j
A-SP_06-1920x1173.jpg
2015-0713_Galleria-North-Colored-Elevati
  • Like 3

Great link found by a Buffalo member on SSC (Buffaboy)

Interactive map that shows many of the projects in Dallas and surrounding areas.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zXV6pOl2IRfA.kqBdh9Nm9izg&msa=0&ll=32.788573%2C-96.793671&spn=0.078361%2C0.169086

According to the map, there are no less than 9,981 residential units under construction in Dallas' core.

• Like 2

Oak Cliff's proposed I-35E deck park is now one step closer to reality:

Rachel Stone
January 19, 2016

Screen-Shot-2016-01-13-at-10.58.15-AM.pn

The council of governments’ Regional Transportation Council approved the funding plan last week. It had been reported previously that the deck park would cost $50 million, but Texas Department of Transportation DFW spokesman Tony Hartzel confirmed it will cost $30 million.

$20 million will come from the council, and $10 million will come from the City of Dallas or private funding. The overall Southern Gateway project will cost about $656 million.

I bought and am currently buying property around there; don't know much about anything but hope it turns out to be a good investment. Do you guys think that this park would be plus for my investment?

There are several factors to consider:

• Your purchase date
  • Your intended use for the property
  • Your intended timeframe for owning the property
  • When/if construction begins on the deck park

Of course the list is non-exhaustive. 

If the park is approved, nearby land value should skyrocket, although not as much as with KWP.

• Like 2

Not a new development, per se, but a welcomed addition to one of Dallas' business centers.

Korri Kezar
January 22, 2016

The concept’s 13th location is under construction in Dallas at Preston Center. The bakery, at 8319 Preston Road, is slated to open in March.

“Dallas was top on the list."

The concept is also looking at building in Santa Monica, California; Chicago; Boston; and São Paulo, Brazil.

This whole thread does seem to broadly feature proposals with pretty renderings about as much as real projects actively underway

Perhaps the 'Dallas development' topic should be split into 'Ideas', some of which may come true, and 'underway' for those projects actually in process

Edited by TxDave

With all due respect, this thread is titled "New Dallas Development," not "Dallas Developments Under Construction."

Good point - that title opens it up

Meanwhile, I think it's nice to see both - one place to see what may be coming (including those pretty renderings mentioned above), and another to see what is in actually process to be completed soon (perhaps already in an existing thread)

Vickery Meadows will soon be home to a new development.

New retail, a farmers market and a White Rock Creek Trail connector are planned for The Hill.

View the PDF here.

West of the site is the first phase of Preston Hollow Village development, with Presbyterian Hospital located to the east. Also notable within the adjacent complex are a series of multifamily developments currently underway between Walnut Hill and Royal Ln. 

The current proposal, referred to as The Hill, has been proposed as a first phase of development for the overall project site,” it begins. “Phase I will focus on retrofitting an existing, auto oriented shopping center in an effort to transform the existing and proposed buildings into a more walkable series of shops and restaurants arranged around a landscaped and amenitized central common space.

TIF reimbursement is currently being considered to augment costs related specifically to public realm improvements around and throughout the site, improvements to the alley ROW located along the northern edge of the project, and potential trail connection opportunities to link up various existing trail systems located in proximity to the development site.

6-8fc6a783b9.jpg
8-49a752383c.jpg29-c5fa0d798f.jpg
17-da78353529.jpg
23-94b4d8fecd.jpg15-5bdb50d179.jpg
13-78a8ebe611.jpg
  • Like 1

Construction begins on multimillion-dollar redo of former Belo Building

Candace Carlisle
January 25, 2016

TOWERREDO_0424BUS_43503079.JPG

Hartland-Mackie is hosting a ceremonial groundbreaking Tuesday to mark the occasion.

"We are seeing downtown Dallas become more walkable and we wanted to take the divider away from outside to inside," Hartland-Mackie told me.

The redevelopment includes adding glass walls to the lobby of the tower, a French-style restaurant being created by former Mansion on Turtle Creek chef Bruno Davaillon, a sky garden on the top floor of the tower, 200-person conference facility and a fitness center.

The restaurant is in the early concept phase.

The tower is slated for completion in the first quarter of 2017.

• Like 1

Steve Brown
January 26, 2016

gaston.jpg

Carrolton-based Atlantic Hotels Ltd. has purchased the vacant Dallas Health & Rehabilitation Center building on Gaston Avenue near Baylor Medical Center.

The 7-story medical building has been empty for years. The 70,000-square-foot former medical building was built in 1964 and is just a block from Baylor’s campus.

Atlantic Hotels has filed permits within the City of Dallas to convert the building into an Element by Westin Hotel.

He said East Dallas needs the hotel rooms. “There is a dire need of the hotel near the hospital,” Molubhoy said.