Divider Delay

Hey HAIFers. So, along HWY 6 from the overpass at I10 all the way to the northern edge of the Addicks Reserve, workers were creating some sort of Hwy divider (don't know what else to call it; but those concrete and steel things to keep us from jumping into the opposite lanes) and had set posts into the road, and began the rebar like frame which, I assume, the concrete will adhere to. Well, they worked like gangbusters for a couple of days to complete maybe a quarter mile of this framing. And then just stopped. That was two weeks ago. Any ideas as to why they would start up at what seemed like exceptional speed and then stop cold turkey?

Hey HAIFers. So, along HWY 6 from the overpass at I10 all the way to the northern edge of the Addicks Reserve, workers were creating some sort of Hwy divider (don't know what else to call it; but those concrete and steel things to keep us from jumping into the opposite lanes) and had set posts into the road, and began the rebar like frame which, I assume, the concrete will adhere to. Well, they worked like gangbusters for a couple of days to complete maybe a quarter mile of this framing. And then just stopped. That was two weeks ago. Any ideas as to why they would start up at what seemed like exceptional speed and then stop cold turkey?

Jersey barriers?

VB-8-001-M.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_barrier

Archived