On light rail Dallas is light years ahead of houston

Well, if I recall correctly, the METRO plan was to get it to the park and rides too, which for a transit system is a pretty logical terminus. But I'm guessing (although I think I could get to it via Google or my Houston library account, I'm too lazy) that it's less exalting their rail system and more "another chance to bash Bob Lanier/Tom DeLay/John Culberson".

Essentially, the piece says that Dallas used old rail ROW to build a relatively cheap, but reasonably extensive, system no one uses, while Houston spent a ton of money building rail on streets, which is used by more people than in Dallas, but doesn't have nearly as much length.

• Like 3

Essentially, the piece says that Dallas used old rail ROW to build a relatively cheap, but reasonably extensive, system no one uses, while Houston spent a ton of money building rail on streets, which is used by more people than in Dallas, but doesn't have nearly as much length.

There wasn't a single instance of cheap right of way in the article. I don't think you read it.

• Like 1

Although you do have a strange obsession with light rail in Houston (very pro stances), I do admit that I enjoyed reading that article. Truly highlights the difference between these two cities. My worry is that we don't seem to have anything past the University Line and Uptown line. I know there is some general master plan but I haven't seen anything of it in quite some time. I guess Metro is too busy dealing with the Culbersons in the world.... or maybe more focused on the new bus lines.

This all depends on what you could consider a worse situation: building a lot rail where the people aren't/aren't going to or very little rail, with little hope for more rail anytime soon, where the people are.

Personally, I prefer Houston's situation hands down if we had some hope for a University Line before this decade is over. 

• Like 1

A whole series of off-topic, personal and trolling remarks have been removed here. 

One more time:  if all you have to contribute is trolling then take it elsewhere.  Lay off on personal attacks.  If another poster upsets you so much then put him on Ignore instead of trolling.  Address posts to the topic. 

• Like 3

• The topic was unlocked