Solero At The Park: Multifamily In Downtown

Sparrow

We need someone like the Duncans, The Lesters, and the Arnolds, the Wyatts, the Cullens, to name a few, to come together and do something special for the city that helped them achieve their wealth as a civic gesture. Now wouldn't that be nice.

Right, because they haven't given back to the city yet...

• Like 2

We actually lived in the Pittsburg Plate Glass building on the south side of the Wagon Works, and I can tell you our view to the west was incredible especially at sunset. Sure we did have a jail one block west but big deal. We had the top floor of the building and fifty feet of eight foot windows to the west.

Wow, living there must have been amazing! I have always wanted to live in a loft space like that. Houston has been notorious for having an "out with the old, in with the new" attitude when it comes to construction - neglecting old buildings and opting to demolish verses preserve. I hope we can continue to refurbish more of these old buildings that still exist for offices, lofts, etc.

Houston is ranked as the ugliest city in America according to this and one of the 10 ugliest cities in the world.

Ouch!

http://www.ucityguides.com/cities/10-ugliest-cities-in-the-world.html

ucityguides is worth $1,645 and receives 750 hits/day per domaintools.com; their opinion doesn't really count.  

on another note: who is this newbie "sparrow"?  curious who he/she might be.  positively curious.  ;)

• Like 4

It doesn't have to be any of those mentioned but perhaps one or more of the newly minted multi-millionaires in the city could step up.

Or, it could be just $100 dollars from you and $100 from me and a million other houstonians who can equally afford to give $5 or $100 but don't. This isn't about the rich, per se, needing to "step up". It's about all of us stepping up. There are far too many folks who will suggest that they could never afford to make a $100 donation. Unfortunately, they will say it whilst slurping their daily $5.00 mocha-flippin-chino and carrying their Burberry breifcase.

Or, it could be just $100 dollars from you and $100 from me and a million other houstonians who can equally afford to give $5 or $100 but don't. This isn't about the rich, per se, needing to "step up". It's about all of us stepping up. There are far too many folks who will suggest that they could never afford to make a $100 donation. Unfortunately, they will say it whilst slurping their daily $5.00 mocha-flippin-chino and carrying their Burberry breifcase.

Good point, UtterlyUrban. All of us who support this need to step up at whatever level we can. The great thing about grass-roots support is that philanthropies recognize it and add their support as well. The vice president for development at my alma mater repeatedly reminds the alumni that those numerous $50 and $100 dollar contributions are a major part of what influences foundations to make those $100,000 and $500,000 grants.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Solero At The Park: Multifamily In Downtown