Scandinavian Airlines

wxman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is great to see SAS coming to IAH from Stavanger (SVG).  But a 737-700 for a 10:40 minute flight! I now it is business class only for base fare $4,000 roundtrip is a small plane.  Hope it works, I would at least fly a 757-200 across the Atlantic.  Most of Southwest please are 737-700.  SAS flight weight should be less since they have 44 business class seats.

The 737 and 757 were both developed from the 727 and have similar, if not identical, fuselage circumferences.  Similar speed, comfort, and performance parameters, as well.  The 737 is still in production; the newest 757 was built in 2005.  

I, too, would take business class in a 73 vs coach in a 75 any day of the week.

• 4 weeks later...

^Well that's not really the kind of "welcome" I would give for something like this then. Does a 737 have the range to fly nonstop the 4,846 miles nonstop?

Yes. Remember, this a Privat flight--similar to the one KLM ran for awhile. The 737, 738 and 739 can all fly that distance with only 38 passengers on board.

Great news for real - now we need to start with that bigger D/E Terminal.

I think we've known that for ten years, but it took Lufthansa to get HAS off their butts. Boy, could Houston use another Jesse Jones, James Elkins, Roy Hofheinz, etc. again.

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Scandinavian Airlines

Archived