Ron Trevino arrested in DWI case

Blue Dogs

Houston Chronicle and Mike McGuff both reporting KHOU-TV CBS 11 Houston morning anchor Ron Trevino was arrested on a drunken driving charge. According to county court records, it is the 55-year-old's first such offense.

The records stating Trevino was taken to jail with break set at $500. Trevino is a 29-year KHOU veteran who began his television career in high school, according to his KHOU biography page. He is scheduled to appear in misdemeanor court on March 19. In the statement posted on their website, KHOU staff wrote that they were "aware of the circumstances surrounding the arrest and are grateful that neither Ron nor any others were injured in this incident."

According to the statement, "Ron will go through the system and present his own defense. KHOU supports Ron as he goes through the legal process."

Susan McEldoon, the station's general manager, was not immediately available for comment, and messages to Trevino's Facebook accounts were not returned.

Y'all reaction to the developments surrounding Trevino ?

Surprised no one has posted here.  I considered it yesterday but thought I'd wait.

Personally, I like Ron.  He's my go to guy at noon when 13 does not satisfy earlier.  Often, I'm not awake before 7 for the local shows.

I'm actually too lazy to look up the stats to see how many beers, drinks or whatever it takes to blow a breath test but if I remember from younger days, it's not too many.

I always had a personal limit of two beers if I was driving.  I use past tense because I now always have a designated driver.  He may have committed some infraction, rolling through a stop sign, or yellow light, we don't know but whatever, he was stopped by law enforcement.

Until anything else comes to light, I'll continue to watch and consider him human.   I am glad that nothing involving bodily injury resulted from his arrest.  I'm also glad the station is offering support, whatever that involves.

I meant to say Sherry filled in for him last week.

Yeah, Ron was on the news today and apologized.

Reminds me of what Michelle Valles did while she was at KXAN-TV NBC 36 Austin back in 2007, when she was arrested for DWI and a mug shot of her was posted online. She apologized during the 5pm newscast I think, and later started crying on the air .

Archived