Vicente Arenas leaving KHOU-TV

Blue Dogs

KHOU-TV CBS 11 weekend anchor and reporter Vicente Arenas is leaving the station and heading to CBS News in Miami, where he'll be reporting for duty in March.

In a statement from KHOU management: "We are so proud of Vicente and so happy that he'll still be in the family, reporting for the CBS Evening News and all the network's news broadcasts," according to the memo, which also stated Arenas is the first KHOU anchor since Dan Rather to go directly to CBS News as a national correspondent.

Arenas has been with KHOU since 2003. Prior to that, he worked at WOAI-TV San Antonio as an anchor and reporter. He was also once a reporter for KTRK-TV (ABC) Ch. 13 for five years, mostly covering crime stories.

He was born and raised in Kenedy, Texas and graduated from the University of Texas-Austin with a degree in Journalism.

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/article/KHOU-s-Vicente-Arenas-is-leaving-Houston-5255784.php?cmpid=hpts

Mike McGuff blog and Houston Chronicle have reported this story.

What is y'all's reaction to Arenas leaving KHOU-TV for the national spotlight ?

post-9343-0-25974100-1393020298_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

I also saw him on the CBS morning show.  He seems to fit right in and I agree, his delivery was great.

We'll probably see more of him when hurricane season ramps up.  I know he's not a weather person but he does have a great deal of experience reporting storm activity.

Archived