Houston Botanical Garden At The Glenbrook Golf Course

cloud713

48 minutes ago, thatguysly said:

There are some nice older homes about this location. It will be interesting to see if the area sort is sort of lifted by this project. I think about the Botanical Garden in Fort Worth since I grew up going there. That area took a very long time to turn around and there were a lot more factors than just the garden. 

The walking/biking trails along the Bayou are cool too.

Gentrification is already creeping through Greater Eastwood and the lower portion of the 2nd Ward. Some of the older homes are up to +$400K. Interesting to see Magnolia & Pecan Park in the future. They border the POH and the Valero Refinery (Harrisburg/Manchester). Also the Lockwood Warehouse area north and south of the Bayou.

Hwy 90 Alt/Cesar Chavez by the last stop of the Light Rail on Harrisburg is a dense, vibrant commercial area. Just hate to see some of the old buildings rot. 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Houston Botanical Garden At The Glenbrook Golf Course
  • 2 years later...

Houston Botanic Garden has named its new CEO.   I sincerely hope she gets things moving at the Garden. 

The Houston Botanic Garden staff and board of directors are delighted to welcome the Garden’s new Chief Executive Officer, Jill Barry. She joins us from the Morven Museum & Garden in Princeton, N.J., where she served as Executive Director since 2016. Prior to that, she worked at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts, where she oversaw planning for a sculpture garden, and the Naples Botanical Garden, where she was Director of External Affairs during the initial capital campaign and grand opening of the 170-acre campus.

• Like 6

I went last weekend. pretty sure they are spending a lot of money on water.

the garden area is fine, there's actually bits you can see are still recovering from the freeze.

a lot of the young trees that they have planted along the path that takes you over Sims Bayou appear to be ok.

incidentally, probably not at all related to new CEO, they had someone at the gate for the first time this summer when I arrived.

• Like 8