Retail Center At 1101 Heights Blvd.

s3mh

This is the empty lot on the corner of Heights and 11th.  House on the lot was moved over and raised up.  Plans are for 3000 sq ft of retail space.  Building will be similar in style to the Lola strip center.  Looks like it will be up to three pads.  No word on potential tenants. 

A mattress store would be nice. The nearest one is over a mile away. Then again, I think a mattress store would fit better in the ground floor retail in that apartment building on Yale. Yeah, I'd rather have a ""We Buy Gold" store on Heights.

Edited by RedScare

Some enterprising individual should combine both into one business and call it "Happy Endings". 

There is a place on durham headed towards washington just behind the Krogers called "tanning clearner nails"  I am pretty sure you can get a massage there too, while you tan, get your nails done, and drop off your dry cleaning.

• 1 month later...

I saw this original denial (or deferral - can't remember) at the June hahc meeting. It is the same owner of the original 1920's historic strip mall nextdoor with Lola. I haven't seen the July hahc meeting yet. Does anyone know if be got through? They all seemed to know him bc he has restored a lot of old commercial property (by choice not obligation).

I saw this original denial (or deferral - can't remember) at the June hahc meeting. It is the same owner of the original 1920's historic strip mall nextdoor with Lola. I haven't seen the July hahc meeting yet. Does anyone know if be got through? They all seemed to know him bc he has restored a lot of old commercial property (by choice not obligation).

It was deferred the first time and approved at the July 17 meeting.

Cool - thanks! I haven't seen the July HAHC meeting yet. I am excited to see what the developer does, as the plans looked appealing, and he seems to have a great reputation. I'm also hoping for good restaurants...Indian comes to mind as my top choice since I don't know of much good Indian food in a close proximity.

Cool - thanks! I haven't seen the July HAHC meeting yet. I am excited to see what the developer does, as the plans looked appealing, and he seems to have a great reputation. I'm also hoping for good restaurants...Indian comes to mind as my top choice since I don't know of much good Indian food in a close proximity.

• The title was changed to 1101 Heights Blvd.
  • The title was changed to Retail Center At 1101 Heights Blvd.