Common Courtsy On This Board Please

BayouCityGirl

I know there are guys that frequent this board but please keep in mind I am female and sometimes you guys get horny and start saying things that can be offensive to the women who DO post here and not just me.

Someone in one topic wrote her wanted to see naked women like the "Spirit Statue"... tigereye was his name I believe. Just a little FYI...its just common sense and courtsy to think that both genders visit this board and NOT just men. You want to post something like that please try a board for men only or something to that nature. I saw that post b/c of the topic and if I knew someone was going to post something so immature I would have never checked it out.

Its just offensive to me and I was going to PM you but this isn't the first time someone has written something male-orientated and I feel I need to speak up about it. It makes us women who do visit see this board as well sick (not I...I have been here but think about the people who are just visiting and don't want to read this smut on a "PG" board.

I am REALLY glad the moderator closed that topic by the way. It was a waste of space and typing.

Guest danax
Just a little FYI...its just common sense and courtsy to think that both genders visit this board and NOT just men.

Boy, you must've been glad to see Professional Hornblower leave then :rolleyes:

We do seem to be a mostly male group so perhaps at times some members feel like they're speaking to all guys.

Why don't we have more women? I think our topics would be appealing to both sexes equally. Editor might be interested in any suggestions for possibly different categories that would appeal more to women BCG? By the way, I wonder what ever happened to 20s girl?

There seem to be enough posts about the Galleria to warrant a "Houston Shopping" topic.  I'm not stereotyping.  I know that's about the only thing on this board my wife would be interested in.

Um, speaking for female geeks every where, could we also include a board on Houston LAN parties and computer shows and where to meet successful geeky men who are single? ;)

There seem to be enough posts about the Galleria to warrant a "Houston Shopping" topic.  I'm not stereotyping.  I know that's about the only thing on this board my wife would be interested in.

The funny thing is that most of those posts about the Galleria, Town & Country, Rice Village, Uptown Park, and Memorial City Mall have been made by men!

Hrm..I have been such a tomboy all my life that I wouldn't know what women like! LOL! I am so used to hanging around guys! This is so natural for me to hang around you guys. Your like family.

All I know women like is shopping. Perhaps a topic alone on Houston shopping (where to get good deals)...I think maybe when they see "Architecture" they think its a "manly" thing..building or whatnot. What I see it beyond that and we talk about Houston and not just buildings.

Because believe it or not I do have some feminine left in me.

And look at this through the view of women who do read this board.

They are all not tomboys.

I do get offended as well with men talking down to women. After a while it just gets SO OLD!

All in all put yourself in someone else's position.