Take The Downtown Houston Shopping Survey

I will say that the lighting in downtown has improved, but it still comes up short.

As i've said, there are areas that are lit, but they are too far and between to where it doesn't look vibrant.

But on the survey you told them there was a problem with a non-existent sign ban. As far as making things look vibrant, each property owner gets to decide if they want to put a bunch of signs on their property. You can't force them to.

I was following you until this one here!

The bar scene has somewhat fallen off in the last 3 years. All of the clubs off of Main Street went black. If anything, the bar scene has taken a few steps back.

Houston Pavilions and Bayou Place have their areas of activity, but Main Street at least showed some signs of continuity. I hope they can do something to bring it back.

BTW. This is my 200th post. I'm a baaddd boyy!!!   LOL

The club scene has fallen off. The bar scene is revitalized. OKRA, Hearsay open, several other projects coming soon.

The club scene has fallen off. The bar scene is revitalized. OKRA, Hearsay open, several other projects coming soon.

More examples: The Modular is opening a ramen shop http://houston.eater.com/archives/2013/02/04/joshua-martinez-to-open-ramen-shop-downtown-2.php and Justin Burrow is opening a bar. http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating/2013/02/justin_burrow_new_downtown_bar.php

They said they didn't want to reveal the location but I am 100 percent sure this is it.

Untitled-1_zps31e80aa2.jpg

This was the photo given in the article and to me is a dead give away. 

This is from google maps

ScreenShot2013-02-05at45728AM_zpsc5406a7

Has to be it.

They said they didn't want to reveal the location but I am 100 percent sure this is it.

Untitled-1_zps31e80aa2.jpg

This was the photo given in the article and to me is a dead give away. 

This is from google maps

ScreenShot2013-02-05at45728AM_zpsc5406a7

Has to be it.

That is the place - used to be Grum Bar before it was Molto

Anyone else willing to share what it would take for them to shop downtown?

The survey is supposedly closed now.

And what's up with that link to where we could view the results? I keep getting an error message?

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2013/03/citys-downtown-retail-task-force.html

Just an article about what the Retail Task Force they threw together thinks needs to be done for downtown. If I remember correctly the new Convention Center Hotel is supposed to have 100,000 sq ft of retail and who knows how much in the adjacent parking garage.

• 11 months later...

Its always been odd to me seeing how we have 10 trillion billboards in Houston....but no giant signage( think Calvin Klein Models or in Houstons case Page Parkes or just plain advertisements) or stock tickers or sweet azz murals on buildings in downtown/Uptown.....even big azz TV's showing the news on the side of a building....for special events and watch parties just let the sound boom on speakers or whatever for a normal day have closed captioning and have an Iphone/android app to where you connect to that particular station and watch the news or whatever sell that particular news station the rights to be on that TV...I mean when you think about this city is up for sale at all the times....developers literally made this city there's never really been urban planning....HA! Houston Urban planning c'mon thats a fairy tale....so for this not to have happened is just odd to me

• The title was changed to Take The Downtown Houston Shopping Survey

Archived