New Look

editor

It used to be that when you clicked on a topic, you'd see all the posts at once by scrolling down. Now you have to click on each post within a thread -- a lot more trouble to read an entire thread. Just wondering why that changed?

I just found this forum recently but love it!

I agree---the new format is a lot more difficult to follow now. Is there some way to go back to the way it used to be: click on a topic and you can read all of the posts by scrolling down? The new format takes too much time, is too cumbersome for me to follow completely, and (in my view) is hardly user-friendly.

Maybe you two have some different setting on, but I see fifty posts per page without clicking on individual posts.

EDIT: Just wondering in the area at the top of the page (blue bar with title). To the right are there three options? I want to say there used to be and it was different ways to view the board. But I don't see it anymore, but that may be because of my firewall.

I'm with Yazuka - I get 50 messages per page.

It sounds like your Display Mode has somehow been set to Outline instead of Standard. I'm not sure how that happened, and I'm not sure why the option to change the display mode isn't shown. I'll have to research this.

oh - whew!! I'm glad it's just a temporary problem and will go back to the old way. It just happened in the middle of the day yesterday, one minute it was one way and the next minute it changed. Thanks in advance for fixing!

• 1 month later...

The past several days I keep getting pop-up error messages: "Internet Explorer Script Error", followed by gobbledy-gook about Object Expected Line so-and-so, etc.

In order for the page to load, I have to hit 'yes' repeatedly (depending on the length of the page, 20, 30 times!) before the error messages finally quit.

And yes, I've unchecked the box in Internet Explorer under 'Options' ("Display a notification about every script error"). But, it being Microsoft and all, of course that has no effect. :angry:

Anyone else having this problem? Can someone offer suggestions?

thanks.

The past several days I keep getting pop-up error messages: "Internet Explorer Script Error", followed by gobbledy-gook about Object Expected Line so-and-so, etc.

In order for the page to load, I have to hit 'yes' repeatedly (depending on the length of the page, 20, 30 times!) before the error messages finally quit.

And yes, I've unchecked the box in Internet Explorer under 'Options' ("Display a notification about every script error"). But, it being Microsoft and all, of course that has no effect. :angry:

Anyone else having this problem? Can someone offer suggestions?

thanks.

I'm posting this with IE on Windows 2000, and am not getting the error you describe. Is anyone else?

Yeah, "Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available."

Granted that is the first time I have ever even tried to log out.

It does that to me, too. I keep meaning to look into it. Thanks for the reminder.

It doesn't seem that the threads are recording views now.

I thought it was just me. I guess that's another thing to look into. If I don't post updates in the next couple of days, bug me about these.

Yeah all those options to the right of the name (on the profile page) are gone. I am trying to think of the other two. I know one that has been gone for awhile was view topics by user.

It appears to have been disabled. Even on the forum for the company that makes this program it's not there. I'll have to ask them why.

That checkbox in IE does work -- it works for Javascript and VB Script errors. These are scripts that the browser runs locally on your computer. It has no effect on SQL errors, which run on the server side. The error you describe is a SQL error, not a client-side error.

The error you get if that checkbox is checked when you go to pages with bad Javascript is a popup box that asks you if you want to continue running scripts on that page. The web page will continue to load as best it can with the bad script though.

Archived