Anyone Ever Hear Of A Place Called Buttermilk Town

Firebird65

I was at a reunion of old-timers from the Aldine area over the weekend, talking to them about their experiences growing up when the area was rural, when one of them mentioned something she called "Buttermilk Town." She said it was off Jensen Drive. I'd never heard of it before. Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks! Found out though the Texas Handbook Online that LaMarque was once called Buttermilk and that Rosharon was once named Buttermilk Station. But the woman I spoke to mentioned Jensen Drive, so she was talking about Houston. Timeframe was the 1930s and 1940s.

• 1 month later...

Haha...that's a funny name. I can't recall any of my relatives ever mentioning that name. Sorry. 4 generations, too. I've looked at a lot of maps, too. Never Buttermilk. Will keep that in mind, when researching.

My father was born in a house on Old Humble Road (now Jensen Drive) in 1936. I'll ask him if he ever heard of Buttermilk Town

I did ask Dad if he remembered an area refered to as Buttermilk Town near Jensen Drive. Today he remembers the 1930's, 40's and 50's better than he remembers last month but said flatly he has no recollection of a Buttermilk Town. He does remember Epson Downs though.

• The title was changed to Anyone Ever Hear Of A Place Called Buttermilk Town?
  • The title was changed to Anyone Ever Hear Of A Place Called Buttermilk Town

Archived