Tangle Brush Villas In The Woodlands

pineda

Ok just looked it up. FABULOUS. It backs up to the Woodlands Country Club at the intersection of S Panther Creek and Glen Loch.

Jeez.

Lack of water pressure, no police coverage, trying to bring in low income therefore a higher crime rate....... We are seriously questioning our move up here for the schools. SO many negative factors for the adults are outweighing the benefits for the kids.

People have to go somewhere. If we separated the poor all into one area, we'd be creating a slum that is doomed for eternity. And there are slums right across the freeway from the Woodlands.

Besides, the poor aren't responsible for the crime rates. It is the criminals who take advantage of the obscurity of the situation.

Ok just looked it up. FABULOUS. It backs up to the Woodlands Country Club at the intersection of S Panther Creek and Glen Loch.

Jeez.

Lack of water pressure, no police coverage, trying to bring in low income therefore a higher crime rate....... We are seriously questioning our move up here for the schools. SO many negative factors for the adults are outweighing the benefits for the kids.

Katie, I am trying to figure out how a low income SENIOR citizen complex is going to drive up the crime rate. Are they going to assault you with their walkers?

As to "trying" to bring in low income housing to the Woodlands, perhaps you should have done your due diligence prior to moving there. The Woodlands was designed by Mr. Mitchell to be a community in all respects, that is it always has had low income sections. Mr. Mitchell never intended the Woodlands to be an exclusive, upper income neighborhood, but to be a diverse, all-inclusive community. That the diversity part is now being shunned, is not his fault.

As to police presence, I can only laugh. The Woodlands pays Montgomery County millions of dollars per year to staff The Woodlands at much higher levels than the rest of the county. There are so many cops and so few crimes, that they are left to sit in parking lots nears restaurants and bars watching the customers leave at night.

When I had my law office in the Woodlands, the only "criminals" I defended from the Woodlands proper were DWIs and the sons and daughters of Woodlands residents who got busted on dope charges...most had been stopped on pretext (stopping for a minor traffic violation), just to search their cars for drugs. These were not poor families mind you, but the ones who gave their kids a car and a big allowance.

If you think the Woodlands is a high crime area, I wonder just where you can go from here?

ok, here's my 2 cents.....

the original master plan of the woodlands calls for every community to have mixed incomes represented. this is a retirement community. the other retirement communities in the woodlands (IMHO) are having no effect on crime or property values. in fact, the ones i've seen are well maintained.

Jeez.

Forgive me, but I cannot resist responding to this post.

Although I have to admit that I would not relish having a typical low-incom housing project built in the middle of my neighborhood, I just don't understand why anyone would have an issue with a Senior housing facitility in their area, regardless of whether it's high or low income.

To liken a SENIOR HUD facility to the typical low-income housing project just does not seem fair. Most senior citizens don't have a lot of income, thus, the 'low-income' moniker, but that's very misleading in this example.

Really now - exactly what kind of crimes do you expect seniors to commit that will lead to a 'higher crime rate'? Stealing each others dentures? :lol:

Seriously, as long as the facility permits only seniors as tenants, it would seem that a community like the Woodlands should welcome this development as an opportunity to introduce some age diversity into their area and give some older folks a beautiful place to call home and live out their golden years.

In general, this country does a very poor job of providing for the well-being of the older folks. They should have more safe places to live - even if they don't have a giant retirement nest egg in their portfolio.

Jeez.

Pssst... Move to the city. There are better schools here. ;)

Does anyone here know the status of this project today?

I'd love to have the whole thing moved right next to my neighborhood.

We have plenty of seniors who, once the kids are grown, and sometimes a spouse dies, they are all alone in big two-story homes with huge yards, front and back.

We have active groups that a lot of them are in and have been participating in for years, and they would love to be able to move down into something like this and still be close enough to the 'hood so they could hang with all their buddies still. :)

• 1 month later...

Check this zaniness out:

"Residents came to the WCA meeting again to address issues with a proposed apartment complex for seniors that would be built by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development on Tanglebrush Drive in Panther Creek...Resident Patricia Amon said they will continue to fight 'the inappropriate placement of that building.' There is enough crime in the area and property values are impacted enough without any help from HUD, she said..."

That's from http://www.hcnonline.com/site/news.cfm?new...id=532539&rfi=6

• The title was changed to Tangle Brush Villas In The Woodlands