I Heard A Rumor That 94.5FM And City Hall

might be working on a project similar to Hollywoods' stars. They say it would run a long main street from DT to the TMC. Does any1 have an opinion on this. IMO I think it would be great to have stars of famous Houstanians or even better hand prints in cement. It would have a sense of civic pride. Not just celebs but contributers to the city like DR Red Duke. In Hollywood, on the stars they put a symbol to reflect what the person did, like a producer chair etc... Here we could do the same and have a medical symbol for DR. Red Duke, microphone for beyonce, basketball for Hakeem or for the 94, 95 Rockets.

Please does any1 have thoughts about this. How could some1 encourage this project to city hall and give their thoughts about it to city hall, Thankyou

Who are some of your famous Houstanians that you would like to see on the walk of fame?

Earl Campbell, Nolan Ryan, NASA, Patrick Swayze, ZZ Top, Hillary Duff (LOL) etc...

Thankyou

Maybe we could just expand what we have in Market Square.

I have seen London's version in Leistcer Square, and it just looks silly.

Or if we do it, why not just add it and our gazillion dollar downtown bum park near the GRB?

We need to spread the wealth around downtown to the poor side of the tracks.

I think something like this could be good IF it's done and planned properly.

The only thing is that if someone doesn't agree with a particular choice then it would be prone to vandalism.

The same would be true if someone put on that "walk" and they wind up doing something that would inflame someone to damage it.

Ricco

The more I think about this the more I want it to happen which makes me wish I hadn't read this in the first place, because I hate getting my hopes up. I love this idea, though. But like I said, we'll probably be here ten years from now saying, "Whatever happened to the idea of...".

I dont see this happeneing. Nobody walks in this city. Everyone drives their huge SUVs or 4-ton Dually Trucks.

Your kidding right? Maybe in the burbs, but do u go inside the loop. Upper Kirby, the village, montrose etc..., people walk all the time, maybe not as much as up north, i wonder if the 100 degree summers have anything to do with that. Even some communities in the westchase area or china town people walk all the time. Maybe not the main avenues, but the side side streets thier is a lot of activity people walking to the store or the neighborhood bar or eatery. Also actually i don't see to many huge suv's just the soccer moms out in the burbs. Nothing wrong with it its safe for the family. What a stupid ass ignorant statement. People like you who make dumb ass comments usually live in the 1960/Hwy 6 area. Get around a little bit.

While there were a significant number of Houston Citizens that gone to hollywood or made major contributions in other ways, C.O. is rather correct (if poorly stated) in that particular fact.

Ethanra, perhaps a slightly milder tone would be best when you're talking to some of members on here. We tend to be a (for the most part) diplomatic bunch.

Ricco

Your kidding right?  Maybe in the burbs,  but do u go inside the loop.  Upper Kirby, the village, montrose etc..., people walk all the time, maybe not as much as up north, i wonder if the 100 degree summers have anything to do with that. Even some communities in the westchase area or china town people walk all the time.  Maybe not the main avenues, but the side side streets thier is a lot of activity people walking to the store or the neighborhood bar or eatery.  Also actually i don't see to many huge suv's just the soccer moms out in the burbs.  Nothing wrong with it its safe for the family.  What a stupid ass ignorant statement.  People like you who make dumb ass comments usually live in the 1960/Hwy 6 area.  Get around a little bit.

Negative. I live in the heights.

"Also actually i don't see to many huge suv's just the soccer moms out in the burbs."

Care to explain this engrish to me? What do you think the soccer mothers drive? Come on man, get a clue.

"Nothing wrong with it its safe for the family."

Oh? I've not seen a single study showing that big SUV's are any safer than a good car. In fact, I would say they are more dangerous because most people don't know how to handle them. Ever hear of rollovers?

Before you try to insult me, learn the language. How dare you. Do you know how I am?

Calm down ma'am. In what part of town are you?

another stupid ass ignorant statement

Between your comments and 713 to 214 comments, you 2 say some dumb ass comments. 

Get a clue

Ummm, speaking of "dumb ass comments".. see above.

But please, go on and give me a list of Houston celebrities that could stretch from Main St @ Texas all the way to Main St. @ Mecom Fountain.

Ahhh, now can you see that there was nothing ignorant about my statement?

Ummm, speaking of "dumb ass comments".. see above.

But please, go on and give me a list of Houston celebrities that could stretch from Main St @ Texas all the way to Main St. @ Mecom Fountain.

Ahhh, now can you see that there was nothing ignorant about my statement?

Hey now... play nice. :blink:

Do you know how I am?

You're right I don't know who u are, it was a stereo-typical ignorant statement u had and now you are pulling the "Do you know who I am" card.

No one said Houston was a hot bed for Hollywood stars. It has its fair share, (Renne Z., Patrick Swayze, Dennis and Randy Q., Hillary Duff off the top of my head this morning.) Which city really is a hot bed? Who Cares? Hollywood stars come from all over the country. For example Johnny D. is from Kentucky.

C.O. your comment about just covering one block aggrevateed me, I don't know why, maybe because of its negative sound to it, I apologize.

The walk wasn't going to include only Hollywood stars, (in my first post it was going to include all persons that have contributed to Houston some way, from famous doctors (DR Red duke), to architects, sport figures (George Foreman, Carl Lewis, Mary Lou R.), succesful local buisness men (matress mac), etc...) Their would be no problem covering that distance. U could us local sport celebrities by it self to cover that distance.

Thanks for letting a interesting topic turn so quickly.

he walk wasn't going to include only Hollywood stars, (in my first post it was going to include all persons that have contributed to Houston some way, from famous doctors (DR Red duke), to architects, sport figures (George Foreman, Carl Lewis, Mary Lou R.), succesful local buisness men (matress mac), etc...)

This would be a great idea to have at the airport!

People who have never been to the Houston area before sometimes have preconceived misconceptions about Houston, and aren't that excited about coming here.

If we had this walk of fame throughout the concourse area, it might spark people's interest in Houston a little more. Plus, it's cooler in the airport than walking the streets of Houston. :) Different conversation starter, that's for sure...

"C.O. your comment about just covering one block aggrevateed me"

CO, it aggravated me, as well. I think our indicted celebrities could fill up two or three blocks, easily. :P

Now, before Ethan reaches though his screen and strangles me, let me say that some sort of 'walk of fame', so to speak, could be a good attention getter. I am a bit hesitant, however, to baldly copy Hollywood.

Remember when we copied Chicago's cows? Only the first one is cool. The second one is the imitator. Now, if it's unique, I like it. And, including REAL achievers, as opposed to just celebs, is better still.

Really, instead of seeing celebrity and other muckety-muck type names sprinkled liberally throughout the concourses of IAH, I'd rather see little trivia markers touting the many "firsts" that Houston has had, like "Did you know that Houston is the home of ...", or "Did you know that Houston was the first to have..." Of course, I would skip using any Hall of Shame type announcement markers, we've got enough bad press already...

You're right I don't know who u are, it was a stereo-typical ignorant statement u had and now you are pulling the "Do you know who I am" card. 

No one said Houston was a hot bed for Hollywood stars.  It has its fair share, (Renne Z., Patrick Swayze, Dennis and Randy Q., Hillary Duff off the top of my head this morning.)  Which city really is a hot bed?  Who Cares?  Hollywood stars come from all over the country.  For example Johnny D. is from Kentucky. 

C.O. your comment about just covering one block aggrevateed me, I don't know why, maybe because of its negative sound to it,  I apologize. 

The walk wasn't going to include only Hollywood stars, (in my first post it was going to include all persons  that have contributed to Houston some way, from famous doctors (DR Red duke), to architects, sport figures (George Foreman, Carl Lewis, Mary Lou R.), succesful local buisness men (matress mac), etc...)  Their would be no problem covering that distance.  U could us local sport celebrities by it self to cover that distance.

Thanks for letting a interesting topic turn so quickly.

Come on man. I'm just joshin ya. You have a good idea. :) Lighten up. :)

• The title was changed to I Heard A Rumor That 94.5FM And City Hall

Archived