rock101klol.com? Anybody know about this?

cactusneedle

It was a rock station in the 80s and 90s, until it was killed off by ClearChannel around 2004.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KLOL

LOL. I know that. I meant the website itself. Are they replaying the old station broadcasts, or are they just playing a mix of different eras of rock and calling it "Rock 101 KLOL"?

• 8 months later...

I toured the station on Lovett one time with my friend who played the "Brian the Butler" character. I especially remember the room where "Traffic in Bondage" was broadcast. The props were quite interesting (to say the least).

People who want to hear good music do.

Hrm... I used to listen to this when I was a kid. I guess my tastes have evolved. From time to time a song from ACDC, Hendrix, or Led Zep might play at the right moment (cruising to the beach, driving home from work) but I didnt think there was still an entire group of people who thought that this is still good.

It's not too bad... times have changed though.

Hrm... I used to listen to this when I was a kid. I guess my tastes have evolved. From time to time a song from ACDC, Hendrix, or Led Zep might play at the right moment (cruising to the beach, driving home from work) but I didnt think there was still an entire group of people who thought that this is still good.

It's not too bad... times have changed though.

"Evolved" or "devolved?" Just kidding. There is certainly more recent music that I also enjoy but that doesn't mean I no longer enjoy what I enjoyed thirty years ago. That is not a quote from Yogi Berra. :)

Times do change but stuff that is good tends to stay good. As a child I liked vanilla ice cream and I still like it today.

I agree that the right tune played at the right time is nice. Nostalgia is a powerful drug.

Believe it or not there are still people who enjoy listening to Mozart, Bach, Handel, etc. There is a radio station for that too.

"Evolved" or "devolved?" Just kidding. There is certainly more recent music that I also enjoy but that doesn't mean I no longer enjoy what I enjoyed thirty years ago. That is not a quote from Yogi Berra. :)

Times do change but stuff that is good tends to stay good. As a child I liked vanilla ice cream and I still like it today.

I agree that the right tune played at the right time is nice. Nostalgia is a powerful drug.

Believe it or not there are still people who enjoy listening to Mozart, Bach, Handel, etc. There is a radio station for that too.

True. These days I prefer pineapple ginger ice cream though. :) :)

Please tell me that Rock 101 KLOL will once again reclaim it's RIGHTFUL place on the FM dial, and kick that foreign crap back to the curb... Oh please, oh please, oh please.....

On a more serious note, I noticed the "Outlaw Radio" tab. Is Dave gonna have anything to do with this project?

I hate to post to such an old thread, but just wanted to invite all you Rock 101 KLOL lovers to join us online. We're Rockin' Again! Uncle Waldo at 9:15AM. Offical Launch not until Nov 12th 2012, but broadcasting a 24/7 beta test stream. Turn Us On!

The sad part is that the people from this Rock 101 web site hired forum spammers in the Philippines to get the word out instead of just contacting us about it.

Or is the radio station programmed from Pampanga now?

The sad part is that the people from this Rock 101 web site hired forum spammers in the Philippines to get the word out instead of just contacting us about it.

Or is the radio station programmed from Pampanga now?

Hmmm... If you had the capacity to think beyong your nose you might realize not everyone sits around at home running a mesage forum. Some people work for a living and sometimes even overseas on contract. Calling me a spammer becuse I posted one message on an old thread is pretty silly. Revealing where I was posting from and saying it is spam is just ignorant.

Hmmm... If you had the capacity to think beyong your nose you might realize not everyone sits around at home running a mesage forum. Some people work for a living and sometimes even overseas on contract. Calling me a spammer becuse I posted one message on an old thread is pretty silly. Revealing where I was posting from and saying it is spam is just ignorant.

Can we get Dayna Steele back on middays? She was O.D.'s "date" on his show last Friday night, and Colonel St. James kept popping in from down the hall... They were all reminiscing about KLOL, and Houston radio of the past... Man, talk about a trip back in time....lol

Archived