Occupy Wall Street?

samagon

Some High class OWS protestor....takes a dump right on the sidewalk in clear view of the street...not sure why he hides behind the mail drop....its not likely every car can't see him.

http://tv.breitbart....-public-street/

lol. not happy with the way the overall movement is going, he decided to have a personal 'movement' it certainly looks like more is accomplished.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got this from HFD:

---

Houston Fire Department and Protestors Find Resolution to Safety Hazards

Today, the HFD Fire Marshal and organizers of the “Occupy Houston” protest group met to find a resolution to safety hazard concerns in Tranquility Park along Bagby Street.

Inspectors found electrical cords under water, overload of electrical outlets, and covers taken off night lights in the park exposing live wires.

Inspectors and organizers worked together to insure all safety hazards were addressed and no code violations exist. A compromise was reached to allow the organizers to use six plugs for appliances, however, extension cords would no longer be used. These resolutions are in compliance with the fire code.

• 4 weeks later...

Well this was just dumb. In what world does it make sense to protest a small government-operated office building (111 East Loop North) at "the" entrance to the Port of Houston, when there are seven interconnected entrances to that part of the Port complex...which itself is only a fraction the size of the entire port complex!?

For that matter, why does it make sense to arrest or detain these completely ineffectual hipsters? It only furthers the delusion that they are making a difference...and worse still, journalists are just as oblivious to there being multiple entrances, so to the general public, it seems like 'Occupy Houston' is relevant, which in fact does make them relevant.

When these hipsters start making more than half-hearted attempts at disrupting industrial operations, that's when I'll know that the 'Occupy' movement means to snowball into a force powerful enough to effect change. Right now, the whole thing just seems to be designed to get a rise out of gullible people. Its ridiculous.

i didn't read this whole thread, sorry if this was already posted. At Occupy Melbourne, they were told they could not have structures or tents, so they came up with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4NEKtYYYk0

There is another video where the next day the police stripped off their tents, pretty harshly.

I saw Occupy Auckland when I was there, it was a pretty peaceful group downtown just passing on their opinions and information near City Hall.

Well this was just dumb. In what world does it make sense to protest a small government-operated office building (111 East Loop North) at "the" entrance to the Port of Houston, when there are seven interconnected entrances to that part of the Port complex...which itself is only a fraction the size of the entire port complex!?

For that matter, why does it make sense to arrest or detain these completely ineffectual hipsters? It only furthers the delusion that they are making a difference...and worse still, journalists are just as oblivious to there being multiple entrances, so to the general public, it seems like 'Occupy Houston' is relevant, which in fact does make them relevant.

When these hipsters start making more than half-hearted attempts at disrupting industrial operations, that's when I'll know that the 'Occupy' movement means to snowball into a force powerful enough to effect change. Right now, the whole thing just seems to be designed to get a rise out of gullible people. Its ridiculous.

I once dated a girl whose father was a Port of Houston pilot. Her father, who liked to be addressed as "Captain", told me about a time when the pilots threathened to go on strike, and "shut the Port of Houston down". The port leadership listened and quickly met their demands.

I guess it's all about what kind of power you really have, as compared to what type of power you wish you had.

Archived