College Football 2011

Highway6

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So.. i hear there's a big game in SEC country tomorrow.

Laughing even harder at the Aggies. Really? Another collapse? Is there a team out there that does less with more than ATM?

No. I prefer crying, but laughter would be an appropriate response.

Last time I was in Norman, we kicked OU's ass... course that was pre-Stoops. Here's hoping for ball protection, no stupid offensive play calling by Sherman in key possessions, and a reasonably competent secondary.... here's hoping for a miracle.

I don't even know what to do with myself until tomorrow at 7. All I know is, the refs will either make or not make a horrible call or 5 in favor of bama, and my friends and I will want to start stabbing things. Happens every time we play there. 2 years ago it was the interception they called an INT on the field, and then overturned after review. Is he in bounds? F YES!!

642xdx.jpg

I just dont get SEC football. I guess its old school, tradition, the way football was 100 years ago, etc. but a 9-6 fieldgoal fiasco is just BORING to me. i watched the game and was entertained but I have rather watched a back and forth TD game like the Michigan vs ND earlier this year or Oregon vs someone with a combined score closer to 100 than only 10 points....

Cant believe that my post from last Wed didn't make it on here...anyway, after watching the BAMA-TENN game I was not impressed with Bama at all hence the confidence vote to LSU of 1 point. Hopefully Stanford can go undefeated and LSU will make it past ARK..LSU vs. Stanford anyone?

I just dont get SEC football. I guess its old school, tradition, the way football was 100 years ago, etc. but a 9-6 fieldgoal fiasco is just BORING to me. i watched the game and was entertained but I have rather watched a back and forth TD game like the Michigan vs ND earlier this year or Oregon vs someone with a combined score closer to 100 than only 10 points....

I agree the game was kind of boring (as the night wore on I found myself sticking with the OSU game more often) but I don't only attribute the boring to being SEC football. After all, there have been plenty of offensive showcase this yr involving those two teams and other SEC teams. I think it was in part that when you have 2 evenly matched teams, on both sides of the ball, a low scoring slug fest is a possibility. Go check out the other SEC scores from the week, this game was an aberration.

I don't know where to pull up the full data.. but I'd be curious if other #1vs #2 matchups also put up their share of slugfests. This doesn't cover all the matchups, but if you wiki "game of the Century", it posts the results for a handful of #1vs#2 matchups and it's split 50-50 between slugfests and shootouts.

I'm conflicted. I had Nebraska previously.. but I'm debating changing my pick.. who knows how the added emotion is gonna change the game.

Also.. I don't have anything against the PSU team and their student body ( depsite 95% of them having blinders on).... and I really hate the Pelinis. I'll probably leave it Nebraska but move it from 9 pnts to 1.

Between PSU and Perry's epic debate Fail yesterday... I'm guessing John Stewart is going to have plenty of material for tonight's show...

I'm conflicted. I had Nebraska previously.. but I'm debating changing my pick.. who knows how the added emotion is gonna change the game.

Also.. I don't have anything against the PSU team and their student body ( depsite 95% of them having blinders on).... and I really hate the Pelinis. I'll probably leave it Nebraska but move it from 9 pnts to 1.

Between PSU and Perry's epic debate Fail yesterday... I'm guessing John Stewart is going to have plenty of material for tonight's show...

Ask and ye shall receive...

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-november-10-2011/indecision-2012---mercy-rule-edition?xrs=share_copy

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-november-10-2011/penn-state-riots?xrs=share_copy

Ask and ye shall receive...

Yeah.. saw last night. Good stuff. Perry deserved every bit of it... I hate that a Texan and Aggie and Rep could make such a damn fool of himself, but that's tempered by the fact that he wasn't going to get my vote regardless.

I don't think Perry is going to survive this. I'm now pulling for Gingrich to come alive in the polls to make it somewhat interesting.

And Adam Sandler sucked last night.. least funny interview I've seen on DS or CR in awhile.

Since this is the only open sports anything related thread going....

Anyone looking forward to the Carrier Classic tonight ?

Should be a fun game to watch.

heels.practice.jpg

I'll be watching. Though I hate the tarholes (NC State fan), and I find the constant Michigan State 'clever game venues' to be annoying and overly self-promoting, I cannot help but want to watch a game played aboard an aircraft carrier. My brother was a Navy swabbie, and several times bunked in a carrier in that very harbor, so it will be kinda cool to watch.

I guess I had my foot in my mouth with the whole "Boise" run...gross! Even the ref's tried to extend the game by throwing that ridiculous pass interf. penalty against TCU on 4 & 10...Oh well, Coogs can you make a Run???

In other news I thought that Rice was gonna make a run on the BIG Ten by beating Northwestern as that would've been an interesting conversation. Looks like we will know Standfords fate in less than 3 hours...........

Does anyone remember last time LSU was all up in the #1 spot? Yeah, insanity, and we played for the title with 2 losses. That might be happening. Not us necessarily, but all the unbeaten unbeatables getting beaten. Kinda fun I think. If anything it encourages doing some playoff good times.

Side comment, can you imagine the bracket insanity if football did a 16 team? Yeah way more people would have perfect brackets, but an upset in that sucker would be so much bigger than any 15 seed over a 2 seed. Basketball is a bipolar streaky sport, but you forget that crap the next week. Football upsets are legendary. Personally I think it should be an 8 team playoff, 16 is too many to be deserving of a title.

LOL at the 5-5 Aggies.

FEAR THE GHETTO, cracker.

a ) Calling out the Aggies' ineptness really has nothing to do with this conversation

b ) I'm a Cougar as well.. so I have every right to make fun of my school.

c ) It is indeed a ghetto ugly campus right next to one of the more ghetto parts of houston.. USING ALL CAPS won't hide that fact.

d ) Can't wait to see what scenic part of campus they settle for.

e ) Cracker ? I didn't realize racially motivated personal attacks were now allowed on HAIF.

Third Ward > College Station

Frenchy's Chicken > Dixie Chicken

Cougars > Aggies

Posting about need for "extra bodyguards" and bus gets "tagged or jacked" and then crying about a reply post being racist is about as weak as the Aggies in any given second half.

By the way, you may have gone to UH, but you are clearly not a Cougar.

a ) Calling out the Aggies' ineptness really has nothing to do with this conversation

b ) I'm a Cougar as well.. so I have every right to make fun of my school.

c ) It is indeed a ghetto ugly campus right next to one of the more ghetto parts of houston.. USING ALL CAPS won't hide that fact.

d ) Can't wait to see what scenic part of campus they settle for.

e ) Cracker ? I didn't realize racially motivated personal attacks were now allowed on HAIF.

a. It's still funny that A&M isn't even bowl eligible yet, regardless of relevance.

b. You have the right, but really ought to have more pride in your school.

c. The ghetto next to campus is ugly. The campus itself is really nice.

d. Cullen Circle, right in front of the E. Cullen Building.

Come on, Cowboys! Now all we have to look forward to is rematch BS talk, both bama and Oregon. I think LSU loses one too, either UGA or Arkansas. So I have a feeling it will be all about campaigning to poll voters to decide who plays for it. Dumb.

EDIT: Poor turnout for UH fans at game day. The shots from above show a sparse, tame crowd. As expected, I guess.

EDIT: Poor turnout for UH fans at game day. The shots from above show a sparse, tame crowd. As expected, I guess.

The crowd may not have been large by ESPN standards, but it was the largest attendance in the history of the present capacity. I suspect - although this is purely conjecture - that the stadium would've been full even if it had had twice its current capacity.

Archived