Are the buses really that bad?

I really can't stand that kind of crap. People need to stop accusing other people of being racist for things that have nothing to fo with race. It's like being racist against people who think differently than you do.

It is true though.

You have to understand 'often' does not mean 'always'.

Did you just say that Oprah is part of the racism industry??

Not intentionally, but she is; just like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and others. Did you ever see the episode where she told her audience that Greenland is larger than Africa on a world map because white people live in Greenland, and black people live in Africa? Guess she's never heard of a little thing called Mercator Projection.

• Like 1

Not intentionally, but she is; just like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and others. Did you ever see the episode where she told her audience that Greenland is larger than Africa on a world map because white people live in Greenland, and black people live in Africa? Guess she's never heard of a little thing called Mercator Projection.

Google didn't deliver me any reference to her saying that.

Google didn't deliver me any reference to her saying that.

The show pre-dates Google, and legally Google wouldn't be allowed to show it to you, even if it had a method of searching video, which it doesn't. Google only in the last year or so started figuring out closed captioning. It certainly doesn't have access to every television show ever created.

There are billions of things from the past, and even the present, that Google doesn't know or index. Imagine a world where nothing of significance exists before 2003.

The show pre-dates Google, and legally Google wouldn't be allowed to show it to you, even if it had a method of searching video, which it doesn't. Google only in the last year or so started figuring out closed captioning. It certainly doesn't have access to every television show ever created.

There are billions of things from the past, and even the present, that Google doesn't know or index. Imagine a world where nothing of significance exists before 2003.

Not that I disagree with your premise about Oprah's place in racial politics, but do you have anything to support that particular gaffe or are you working from memory?

I expect I would have found some sort of write-up about it because it sounds quite sensational. There was no reference to it in any archived news articles, either.

You claim it happened. I do not know if that's true. It seems pretty out of character, and I wouldn't say that Oprah's average viewer is watching her to participate in the 'race industry'.

Edited by kylejack

I expect I would have found some sort of write-up about it because it sounds quite sensational. There was no reference to it in any archived news articles, either.

You claim it happened. I do not know if that's true. It seems pretty out of character, and I wouldn't say that Oprah's average viewer is watching her to participate in the 'race industry'.

Do you even remember what kind of show oprah ran untill she totally retooled it?

I almost want to say it was just shy of morton downy with a splash off springer.

• Like 1

Not that I disagree with your premise about Oprah's place in racial politics, but do you have anything to support that particular gaffe or are you working from memory?

Just from the memory of watching it in a room full of black, female co-workers who would buy any wacko theory Oprah was selling that day. The map theory was greeted quite vociferously by the group, since its members already embraced a lot of other odd conspiracy theories.

Just from the memory of watching it in a room full of black, female co-workers who would buy any wacko theory Oprah was selling that day. The map theory was greeted quite vociferously by the group, since its members already embraced a lot of other odd conspiracy theories.

Guys should avoid watching Oprah whenever possible, but particularly when there are women nearby. No good can ever come from that. I speak from experience. wacko.gif

• Like 2