2011 Mayoral Election

dbigtex56

Who will oppose Mayor Parker this November?

A pollster recently called me, and many questions had to do with my opinion of council member Costello. Is he planning a run for office? Are there other contenders? and, how would you rate Parker's chances for re-election?

My only prediction at this point is that C.O. Bradford will run for some political office, and lose, again.

The way Annise is alienating former supporters, the time might be ripe for a social moderate Republican to take it. Isn't Bill King a perpetual bridesmaid? I believe last election he bowed out so early on because the chamber types wanted to go with Locke, whom they thought would turn the black vote.

• 1 month later...

Looks like Fernando Herrera just put his hat in the ring.

He's the current deputy chief for HFD and sought office before as a councilman, I believe.

Don't know much about him, but it should be interesting.

Yep - http://electfernandoherrera.com/

He ran against Jessica Farrar for District 148 last year and lost..

From a speech attacking her:

If that gong comes on and it says, District 28… and it's a school on fire, we all get dressed a little faster. It's hard to believe your adrenaline can go even higher, but it does. We get there faster if a child is involved. If we hear a child's voice behind a wall, we'll get through that wall and we'll risk our lives for someone we've never even met. A thank you is enough. Needless to say, we are honored to please God to be used in that capacity to save a child. On the complete opposite spectrum we have someone who received plaques and certificates for her work in being involved in killing babies. It's not okay. She has received awards from Planned Parenthood. I hope God will use me in that capacity, and that I can live up to this position.

http://www.examiner.com/harris-county-elections-2010-in-houston/fernando-herrera-rallies-supporters-with-dramatic-contrast-of-opponent-s-values

:mellow:

I heard on the radio the other day that the (deputy chief?,not sure) firefighter Fernando Herrera formally announced running against her. Dude's got no money though. Today I got my invite to AP's birthday party at the Continental Club next Saturday. Once you contribute, never off the hook. Her historic district antics have really soured me on her, I'm afraid. I doubt the challengers will be any better, though.

• 1 year later...

Who will oppose Mayor Parker this November?

A pollster recently called me, and many questions had to do with my opinion of council member Costello. Is he planning a run for office? Are there other contenders? and, how would you rate Parker's chances for re-election?

Rumor has it that Costello will run for mayor after Mayor Parker's final term. Yes, I am assuming she will be reelected in 2013.

Archived