MainStreet America

lockmat

What do yall think of this concept? http://www.msahouston.com/

MainStreet America™ is a year-round destination where today's consumer can Explore, Experience & Enjoy the latest in home building products and services.

Explore ...

Attend home product shows

Speak to building experts

Attend home buying seminars

View cooking demonstrations

Consult with interior designers

Experience ...

Spring gardening classes

Patriotic fireworks displays

Summer BBQ cookoffs

Fall football block parties

Christmas on MainStreet

Enjoy ...

Purchase products on display

Create virtual shopping carts

Shop on-site retail stores

Consult with a contractor

Plan your home project

gallery_723_64_47486.jpg

http://ataps1.pd.ci....raft+Agenda.pdf

There's plenty of cheap land on Main Street. Why not build Mainstreet America on Main Street, Houston?

Because it's not The Woodlands. tongue.gif

Realistically, it reminds me of the Disneyworld "Main Street USA", something (also) totally fake and merchandise-oriented.

There's plenty of cheap land on Main Street. Why not build Mainstreet America on Main Street, Houston?

Cheap land? Main Street? Houston? Eh, no.

But there's always Baytown, Humble, Pasadena, La Porte, League City, Pearland, Sugar Land, Spring, Conroe, Waller, and Richmond. Every single one of those has a Main Street. And now we'll have another, kinda sorta.

Perhaps, but home prices along Main are pretty cheap once you get outside the loop in either direction, with lots of open tracts along the south side.

That isn't Main Street; that's N. Main and S. Main. The slightly different naming convention is unacceptable to the branding of this business venture. Besides which...the land isn't cheap enough. Considering the demographics and traffic counts, I think that the seller might have to give the buyer money to take the seller's land and make the buyer's project work.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the mixing of styles on "Main Street America" is funny. There's a Southern Colonial, faux-Victorian, faux-Tuscan villa, faux-half-timbered English etc.

I'm not sure if everyone posting in this thread realizes it or not, but this project is not a neighborhood where people will live. It's a showcase for consumers to come and see the latest and greatest in everything that goes with a buying a home or things in a home.

• 2 years later...

Was driving past today and thought I would check the place out. Saw a big collection of uninspired homes to tour, but one multistory contemporary looked interesting.

Was not aware they charged $15 per person just to tour the place. Did not feel like spending $30 for the wife I to talk to salespeople so we left.

• The title was changed to MainStreet America

Archived