Sweet Tea Cafe And Tea Bar At 325 W. 19th St.

heights

I think that the place called Sweet Tea Cafe has opened on 19th street. I understand they had samples during White Linen Night. Has anyone been there yet? I found very limited information on Google search other than someone saying "They also had small samplings of the Banana Split Cheesecake and it too was amazing." -- sounds like reason enough for me to try it!

My mom and I went in last week. She had a late breakfast of their crustless quiche and tomato soup. She said it was really good. The menu looks promising- sandwiches, deviled eggs, soups. They have a separate menu for teas- black, white, green, roiboos (sp?) and a couple other varieties. It's large and uncluttered inside. Wifi. Going to be a nice addition to the street, I think.

In related news, the spot next to Shade, previously going to open as Love Street Coffee House, is still going to opening, now as Heights Ashbury. They will be selling food from Radical Eats, which I think is mostly tamales (at least that was all they had on Holiday on 19th). Next to them, between Shade and Behind the Garden Gate, will be a cigar store (which, at this time, I think is unrelated to the old cigar store that was across from Pie In The Sky. Anyone know differently?). So glad to see these empty store front filling.

Radical Eats serves up gluten-free and vegan food. I've seen them at the area farmers markets if anyone wants a preview of their goods. I haven't actually tried them, though.

Last Friday she had tamales. I brought a chipotle/ black bean home for my husband but accidentally left it in my car. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the place called Sweet Tea Cafe has opened on 19th street. I understand they had samples during White Linen Night. Has anyone been there yet? I found very limited information on Google search other than someone saying "They also had small samplings of the Banana Split Cheesecake and it too was amazing." -- sounds like reason enough for me to try it!

I went in here on Saturday and the atmosphere is very open and nice. I had the "loaded baked potato soup" and it was great. Then a piece of the Banana Split Cheesecake which was also very good. Service was attentive as well. I'm looking forward to trying some other things on the menu, too, but I'll definitely be getting some more of that soup!

Oh yeah, the prices were reasonable, too, especially considering it's within walking distance so no gas is used.

I went in here on Saturday and the atmosphere is very open and nice. I had the "loaded baked potato soup" and it was great. Then a piece of the Banana Split Cheesecake which was also very good. Service was attentive as well. I'm looking forward to trying some other things on the menu, too, but I'll definitely be getting some more of that soup!

Oh yeah, the prices were reasonable, too, especially considering it's within walking distance so no gas is used.

Tea and deserts are very strong. Lunch menu is moo. Sandwich menu is very uninspired (very traditional tuna, egg salad, etc.). A bit suprising considering the stiff competition from Carter and Cooley, Crickets and Kraftsmen. Soups are good. Quiche is not so great. Prices for sandwiches are a tad high for what you get. Prices for tea and deserts are very reasonable. The place still has a "we're new at this" feel with very friendly but awkward kids waiting tables.

If you are looking for a great tea menu and tasty deserts, you will enjoy this place. If you want lunch, you won't be disappointed, but won't be too impressed either. I hope they can get the quality of the lunch menu up to the quality of teas and deserts they serve.

• The title was changed to Sweet Tea Cafe On 19th St.
  • The title was changed to Sweet Tea Cafe And Tea Bar At 325 W. 19th St.

Archived