Grand Parkway

wxman

On our way to Shreveport last week, we we're headed up the Eastex Frwy up just past Panorama Village and came across a huge highway going through going east to west. All the trees were clear for as far as you could see in both directions and the frwy or highway was being layed. Is this part of the Grand Parkway?

On our way to Shreveport last week, we we're headed up the Eastex Frwy up just past Panorama Village and came across a huge highway going through going east to west. All the trees were clear for as far as you could see in both directions and the frwy or highway was being layed. Is this part of the Grand Parkway?

Are you sure you weren't just outside of Cleveland?

They are pretty far along on building the SH 105 bypass around Cleveland.

I went to LA a few weeks ago and saw the same thing. The Grand Parkway has not been fully approved but I was perplexed, too. Maybe gnu is right. I tried looking at Txdot stuff a while back but couldn't find anything. The construction is just a little north of 242 and you're right, it looks pretty big. Makes one wonder why their building something so big way out there.

Are you sure you weren't just outside of Cleveland?

They are pretty far along on building the SH 105 bypass around Cleveland.

by looking at google maps, it looks closer to FM 2090. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=cleveland,+tx&safe=strict&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Cleveland,+Liberty,+Texas&gl=us&ei=hwv7TIu3LsH_lgfGwNi2DA&oi=geocode_result&ved=0CBcQ8gEwAA&ll=30.233042,-95.162888&spn=0.020838,0.038581&t=h&z=15

Panorama Village is on I-45.

I think he meant Patton Village.

You can see a highway being built on this aerial view just south of Cleveland. I think it's the SH 105 bypass.

http://maps.google.c...084028&t=h&z=14

Yeah, I don't think that's the one wxman and I are talking about. The one we're talking about is just a few miles north of 242. Although I could be mistaken, but I don't think I am.

I'm almost certain you are talking about the 105 bypass. The Grand Parkway in that area is a long time away from being built (if it ever is) and will cross 59 south of Patton Village, not north, and there aren't any other big east-west projects being planned between the Beltway and Cleveland, that I know of. The 105 bypass is scheduled to open in 2013.

And yes, that interchange looks awful big for what I've seen described as only a "two-lane highway." The eastern terminus at 105/321 right by Cleveland High School is similarly gigantic.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, went to Shreveport this past weekend and indeed, it is the bypass for 105 around Cleveland.

Dang, nice investigation. Did it seem as far from Cleveland as it did the first time? That sure seems like a big freeway for such a small town. I guess they plan on doin some growin.

Dang, nice investigation. Did it seem as far from Cleveland as it did the first time? That sure seems like a big freeway for such a small town. I guess they plan on doin some growin.

Well it makes sense with a giant theme park going in not too far from there. With 3 million visitors a year, I'm sure that Cleveland, Splendora, and Patton Village will be growing rapidly. I also noticed that the Estex Frwy is now 3 lanes all the way to the Liberty County line. So they are def. planning for growth.

• The title was changed to Grand Parkway

Archived