Question Regarding Playsets And Cinco HOA Restrictions

MrUnderdog

I would like to put in a very nice backyard playset that is a total of 14' high. I want it to be something that my son will enjoy for a long time, rather than outgrow it quickly. The Cinco HOA has a high restriction of 12'. I can't even get a midlevel playset without it being 13'. My home's backyard isn't really visible from any direction. So, the question is, is that a hard and fast height restriction? Or, would a Request For Modification Approval form submitted to the HOA have a chance of getting approval, or would I just be spinning my wheels? Anyone know this or have any first hand experience with this?

Have enjoyed keeping up with this forum for quite some time. I know it focuses mostly on new places going up, so I hope this isn't an inappropriate place to post this question.

Thanks for any insight.

• 1 month later...

Gary, thanks again for the information. I'll probably be in contact with questions again, as we decided we were up against the wall with such a short turnaround time until Christmas. We've pushed it back to a birthday situation (March). My wife really wants to get approval first, which I guess I can understand. However, as mentioned before, I feel like we could just do it, then cut a 1' off the posts if necessary, and there wouldn't be any violation. Hmm.......

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to put in a very nice backyard playset that is a total of 14' high. I want it to be something that my son will enjoy for a long time, rather than outgrow it quickly. The Cinco HOA has a high restriction of 12'. I can't even get a midlevel playset without it being 13'. My home's backyard isn't really visible from any direction. So, the question is, is that a hard and fast height restriction? Or, would a Request For Modification Approval form submitted to the HOA have a chance of getting approval, or would I just be spinning my wheels? Anyone know this or have any first hand experience with this?

Have enjoyed keeping up with this forum for quite some time. I know it focuses mostly on new places going up, so I hope this isn't an inappropriate place to post this question.

Thanks for any insight.

Ask for a variance.

Are the majority of new subdivisions bound by HOA rules?

In theory HOAs seem like a good idea, yet I've heard many stories about nit-picking, inflexibility and sometimes what appears to be outright malfeasance. Often they possess unrestricted power and a lack of oversight that would make Robert Moses blush.

Realistically, does a homebuyer have many options in choosing which subdivisions are more or less restricted?

• The title was changed to Question Regarding Playsets And Cinco HOA Restrictions

Archived