Home At 1118 W. 25th St.

Yankee_in_TX

• 3 weeks later...

Yup - looks like 500 townhomes. The frame I saw then became 4 homes.

I wish the city/state/county/someone would buy some of those lots as small parks/green spaces.

I've been surprised just how much construction there's been in the Shady Acres area. Hopefully it will spur some better restaurant development near the Heights. But it doesn't seem like the old street system was designed to handle the higher density of the new development, particularly given the lack of space for on-street parking on the narrow streets designed for single-family homes.

And I will say much of the new development looks tightly packed, with little regard to aesthetics or construction quality (or green space) -- similar to a lot of townhouse developments in Midtown. It'll be interesting to see how the area looks in another 5 years, and if the traffic and quality of life degrade before some green space preservation and infrastructure improvements are made.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the location you're talking about? I guess 500 was hyperbole, haha.

http://maps.google.c...004823&t=h&z=18

Yes and yes :) It's a shame, the large tree was split in half just before construction, I don't believe it was weather related...

Barracuda - what amazes me is the fact all this new construction is frequently worked on after dark with no lighting. That cannot lead to quality construction...

• The title was changed to 1118 W. 25th St.
  • The title was changed to Home At 1118 W. 25th St.