METRO Budget 2011

ricco67

At one time in the 90s I believe Metro's OTP was at 96%. That, much like ridership, went into a freefall around the time Metro decided to focus on rail expansion.

Actually ridership was as high as it ever has been a couple years after the Red Line opened. See for yourself.

http://www.apta.com/resources/statistics/Pages/RidershipArchives.aspx

Why? Going somewhere else won't make better bus stops appear magically in the places I pass every day. I know they have better stops downtown and at transit centers, but that's pretty much the only place I've noticed them.

Simple. If you got out more (beyond the places you pass every day), you might notice that Metro has a couple thousand "real" bus stops. They are adding more every year - 100 new ones in 2010.

Simple. If you got out more (beyond the places you pass every day), you might notice that Metro has a couple thousand "real" bus stops. They are adding more every year - 100 new ones in 2010.

Great, they are slowly improving. Meanwhile everyone I pass who is waiting for the bus has no shelter. Maybe it's because those stops/routes aren't heavily used.

• The title was changed to METRO Budget 2011