La Guadalupana Mexican Cuisine & Bar/Luca & Leonardo Ristorante The Woodlands

bachanon

Two new upscale restaurants are soon to open at 20 Waterway Avenue. AM Restaurants, with 12 locations in Mexico, are expanding into the Houston, Dallas, San Antonio markets.

La Guadalupana will feature 200 varieties of tequila, outdoor seating available (Waterway Square level next to Grimaldi's), live music Thursday-Saturday evenings and salsa made at your table, to your specifications. The press release includes "...a wide variety of authentic Mexican dishes.". (Being from southeast Texas, I've heard this before.....El Pollino has a wide variety of authentic Mexican dishes (to some).....doesn't mean I eat there. Will be interested to know if they REALLY mean "authentic". More pork and seafood please!)

Luca & Leonardo Ristorante is Italian with a terrace over looking The Woodlands Waterway and Waterway Square.

Although I'm glad this project (20 Waterway) will be 90% leased, the restaurants sound like typical resort fare that thrive in a tourist environment and offer nothing original. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

• The title was changed to La Guadalupana Mexican Cuisine & Bar/Luca & Leonardo Ristorante The Woodlands

Archived