Condo Development Near Westmoreland

kjb434

The developer touts the tree-lined streets of Westmoreland. However, if the footprint of the proposed project is as depicted, it will destroy one of the finest (if not the finest) trees in Montrose.

A magnificant oak currently occupies this site. It's huge. The property owner has been working with developers to try to preserve this tree while getting his money's worth out of some very expensive land.

I hope a better solution can be found.

Hope so. Maybe the developer could plan the proposed condo around the tree.

If enough people fill out the comment section of the questionaire and mention the tree and how keeping it would make the units more sellable, maybe the developer will want to keep it.

ok i am not a condo owner or a perspective buyer and i don't even live in houston, but how about making this development beneficial to people in the surrounding areas by having some sort of retail on ground level that appeals to college stdents in the area at UST and Rice, or am I way off as far as the location? yay or nay. also other than retail i am sure there may be some other ideas to make the develoment a little more appealing to the people in the area. innerloop condos build some pretty healthy size developments in my opinion and there is always room to add new ideas. i thought they could have placed retail in the vistas at midtown. do you all accept my proposal?

Retail is useless at this location. The traffic doesn't exist and the people in the neighborhood would want the increase traffic.

The vistas would have been a horrible choice for retail since no major street nearby exists.

Mixed used comes later as Midtown fills in. At this point population and traffic (pedestrian and vehicular) will exists to support the retail.

good point houston-development. I got an email from LSR yesterday with the link. I decided to make it public. I put my email as an interested buyer to get more information on the Monaco a while back. I guess I'll get these emailings for there other future projects soon. I think it's mostly for a price point survey. If enough people say they'll pay a certain price, then they'll probably go ahead and build it.

Also, LSR seems to be the developer to me that'll make headway into mid-rise development in Midtown. There Vistas Midtown project is moving along nicely. They also have one south of TMC that'll be nice.

Deed restrictions forbid businesses in Westmoreland. Even the apartment complexes are there by a stretch of the imagination (originally a provision was made for servants' quarters, which in the 50s was interpreted liberally to allow construction of apartments).

The developer touts the tree-lined streets of Westmoreland. However, if the footprint of the proposed project is as depicted, it will destroy one of the finest (if not the finest) trees in Montrose.

A magnificant oak currently occupies this site. It's huge. The property owner has been working with developers to try to preserve this tree while getting his money's worth out of some very expensive land.

I hope a better solution can be found.

If this is the case then we must stop them.

good information dbigtex56

LTAWACS: the notion of purely stopping a project because of one negotiable aspect such as a tree is being torn down is ridiculous. The neighborhood, as already is happening, is negotiating with the developer to work around this tree. It may be able to be a focal point in the development.

Often this attitude of we don't want it so lets stop is often defeated. Comprise is often the best way win in our developer friendly city.

updates: A neighbor has confirmed that the property was recently sold. This would seem to put it on a fast-track for development.

Also, the view depicted on the website (looking east, towards Midtown) will be very different. TXDOT has started installing noise retention walls. They feature a brick surface (facing Burlington St.), and I'm told that after construction on Spur 527 is complete that the walls will be landscaped with climbing plants. Should be quite attractive.

• The title was changed to Condo Development By Westmoreland
  • The title was changed to Condo Development Near Westmoreland

Archived