Greenspoint Is The National Leader For Logistics Companies

Both articles mention the same Pinto Business Park. I know these sound kind of boring because they're not tall and glitzy, but I love 'em. Keep buildin' 'em!

HOUSTON-Industrial development and leasing activity has ramped up in the Greenspoint District, which has been named by Expansion Solutions Magazine as one of the top five locations in the nation for logistics companies.

many national and international companies have moved their local logistics and distribution operations to the submarket. Sysco Food Services of Houston Inc., for example, recently moved into a 585,000-square-foot distribution center in Pinto Business Park. The facility anchors the 1,000-acre development, which is owned by local real estate investor Pinto Realty Partners and marketed by Cushman & Wakefield. “The area is so attractive that we are negotiating with four other users to build facilities in Pinto Business Park,” Cook says.

In addition to Pinto Realty Partners, Panattoni Development Co. is working on a 60-acre industrial business park in the Greenspoint District called Airtex Industrial Center.

http://www.globest.com/news/1645_1645/houston/184568-1.html

Dave tells us Pinto purchased the land for an oil and gas play decades ago, then converted it to agricultural use when no black gold was discovered.

Dave tells us the park is the largest in Harris County and it lends itself very well to distribution centers because of its accessibility to I-45 and Beltway 8 and its proximity to Bush Intercontinental.

Proof of the park’s draw: Sysco (above, a rendering of its building) left another site under earnest money contract to move into Pinto Business Park even though the price PSF is significantly higher.

Dave tells us there are four legitimate prospects in negotiations now, including two office projects, which he finds surprising.

davecook.jpg

http://www.bisnow.com/houston_commercial_real_estate_news_story.php?p=8233

• The title was changed to Greenspoint Is The National Leader For Logistics Companies

Archived